Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding - need some reassurance please *Updated in op

UPDATE

Everything is ok.  Had some really light spotting again this morning but scan shows everything is OK.  Baby is now measuring 8+6 and the sonographer said the heartbeat was good.  I'm so so relieved.  I've got a cyst on my left ovary which has got bigger and is now measuring 48.7mm!! but it hasn't ruptured or anything so they're not too worried about it.

Thank you all so much for the positive stories and the support xx

For the past three days I've had really bad pains across the whole of my lower abdomen.  It feels like I've pulled ever muscle and is really really unpleasant.

Today at work I've been absolutely rushed off my feet and when I went to the loo this afternoon, there was pink on the paper when I wiped.

I rang the doctors when I got home at half four and they asked me to go straight over to be seen.  The lady doctor I spoke to was lovely and has arranged for me to be seen by the epau at 10 in the morning.  She said she couldnt say anything to make me feel better but the fact it wasnt bright red and with clots should be something for me to hold on to. I know some people on here have had bleeding with a positive outcome and I really could do with a bit of reassurance. I don't think anything has ever scared me as much as seeing pink this afternoon.  It started at about 1 and seems to have stopped now but was definitely still evident at 5.

Also, I rang my boss when I came from the doctor and left a message saying I know he's not meant to be with me tomorrow but I saw the doctor and they're sending me to the hospital in the morning, didn't say what it was for just left it at that.  He text me back and said that's all fine and he would come and cover for me.  Now I haven't told him yet that I'm pregnant (managed to delegate the training I was worried about the other week!) but how much do I reasonably have to tell him tomorrow??? If it is bad news I'm not sure I'll be in any fit state to go back to work so will have to say something...but if it's good news do I need to give him any information? I just really don't want to have to say anything until 12 weeks if I can avoid it...

Replies

• I have had bad pains in my lower abdomen through my first tri, I was told it was stretching. I sometimes got it when I had overdone it a bit.  Also the fact it's not bright red blood or clots is a good sign. Also that it's stopped is good. As for your boss you don't havevto tell him anything just yet, as long as you keep him informed about needing time of. I really hope it all goes ok tomorrow. Xxx

• I bled at 8 weeks and all was fine.

You dont have to tell work anything. If all is ok just tell them that - that you had your hospital appt and were given the all clear. You dont have to say what for. If they push for info or want a reason for absence just say you had tummy pains. If its bad news (which i am sure it wont be) just tell them the hospital have told you to rest. Its up to you if you tell them why.

Good luck for tomorrow xx

• I've had bleeding in both my pregnancies. One was bad news and the other was ok, just one of those things. With my miscarriage, things moved very quickly, progressing from brown to pink to bright red with pain and clots within a few hours.

If it is bad news, and I have everything crossed for you that it isn't, then you can get signed off by the dr for a while. work don't have to be told why. if its good news, same applies, its medical in confidence. You know where I am xx

• You don't need to tell anyone till 28 weeks.

I hadnt told anyone I was pregnant with William and had a bad scan and had to blurt it all out which wasn't nice but there's still no way I'd tell before 12/20 weeks if I got pregnant again.

1 person knew at work with Isaac but I didn't tell her, I was on nights and there was a fight in the waiting room and the police tasered someone and I absolutely sh1t myself and I think from my reaction she guessed. So she didnt say a word but she kept saying things like just you keep away from that patient as he's violent etc.

I bled A LOT with Isaac [tmi] but at 7 weeks I stood up and flooded the floor, bright red blood which progressed to clots, and I just assumed it was another mc, but Isaac was fine there was just a huge area if bleed. I bled till 18 weeks with Isaac and it was awful as it was so stressful.

Bleeding common in early pregnancy, so just don't always assume the worst and its good its stopped now Hug

Lots of vibes for tomorrow

• Also what lolly says re the progressing. With my 2 mc they progressed very quickly from pink blood to brown to red and very bad cramps.

• Oh Jem, It sounds like you've overdone it lovey. I've had bleeding this time, 3 times now I've had brown blood but its disappeared quite quickly and not developed into anything which is the main thing. When I got scanned at epu after the first lot the midwife told me there's an old saying and something about baby clearing out its bed and she said that a bit bleeding is so common she couldn't stress it enough. She said everything's moving/stretching/embedding so it's no surprise that there might be some bleeding.

And the pains sound normal, if it makes you feel any better with my last bad outcome I had no pain at all, not a thing and my bleeding turned red and had clots in it not just light when I wiped like I've had this time. Everything crossed for tomorrow but I think you'll be ok and you don't have to tell your work anything, you had a hospital app, that's it!xx

• Thank you ladies. I'm a total wreck at the moment and that has amazingly helped.  I love this place Fluffy

With the pains I had assumed they were normal until this afternoon. Knowing about progressing as well helped, think I assumed that it could be a slow process if things were to go wrong.  Thank you so much for sharing.

CP I knew I didnt have to tell work until late but I hadnt realised just how late I could leave it so thank you

• I had bleeding at 6 weeks and everything was ok. Like you, I'd overdone it during the day. Busy stressful day at work and then ran to the train station to go in to London for the night. When I got home I had some brown pink bleeding. Went to the doctors who referred me to epu the next day and everything was fine, bleeding continued for a couple of days though. It's s frightening, I feel for you. Try and stay as positive as possible and good luck for tomorrow xxx

Echo what everyone else said and don't tell your boss anything you don't want to yet x

• I had bleeding with my eldest. Bled off and on for weeks - turned out to be a polyp and a cervical ectropian that was causing it. It stopped after 20 weeks though. Caused me plenty of anxiety especially as they couldn't say what was causing the bleeding for weeks. Fingers crossed it is just one of those things - hope all is well tomorrow.

• No experience but just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. x x x

• Jem I'm thinking of you this morning for your appt at the epu. Vibes that its "just" a bleed and nothing else.xxxx

• Thinking of you this morning. Hope everything is okay xx

• Ive only just seen this Jem, you'll be there now so sending lots of vibes!

I have no experience to share but there are lots of positive stories here! When it comes to work, if he does ask, just say it wa "lady issues" that will probably stop any questions!

• Sending you vibes for this mornings appointment x

• Hope everything is okay. Thinking of you x

• I had red bleeding (without pain) at 5 weeks and 8 weeks and it was fine. I think if it's stopped then that is a positive thing. Best of luck and lots of vibes for tomorrow morning, I know how awful waiting for that scan is x

• So glad everything is okay Jem! I had an early scan so I know the worry you went through but the relief when you see your little bean and heartbeat on the screen is amazing! Fingers crossed for an uneventful rest of your pregnancy.

• I'm so glad everything is ok Jem! It is such a worry early on, i completely understand the fear. I hope you have a smooth run from now.

• that's fab news Jem, so pleased for you!  You must be so relieved xx

• that's such good news, so pleased for you. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy is completely uneventful :) xxx