Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breech at 28 weeks?

I had my 28 week midwife appointment today, when my midwife felt my bump and said it was breech, but not to worry as it was likely to turn. She said all but about 6% of babies turn before delivery... It just made me wonder if anyone else has been told this around this time, and did your baby turn?

Replies

• I'm 28 weeks and for the very first time my baby was head down and our growth scan yesterday. By the end of the scan he was back to being breech. They still have quite a bit of room to move around at the moment, I wouldn't even give it a second thought for another few weeks yet.
  • J was breech till 36/37 weeks, but turned himself. You've plenty of time left!

• Yep, was breech at 28 weeks and had turned by 34 I think. Don't worry too much but plenty of leaning over a yoga ball helps. The spinning babies site is a useful place to look..
  • I was the opposite. J was head down at 37 week growth scan but had turned herself breech before delivery ending up with an emcs. So there's still time for baby to turn x

• Thanks all, it puts my mind at rest! I'll get my yoga ball out!

• R was breech at 30 week appt - head down by next appt and stayed that way