Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bump Pain

My bump was causing lots of trouble y.day, in the morning it felt really uncomfortable so I thought I had a foot poking somewhere uncomfortable. Then I had an hour or so of nausea.

Then In the afternoon I had constant pain either side of my bump (like period pain) for maybe 4 hours. It was really hard to get comfy and bump felt really hard. When I went to bed I had lower back pain too. and couldnt lie on my back. I woke up every time I turned over with an uncomfortable bump and back.

feeling better this morning but still uncomfortable.

Any ideas what it could be? Im sure its just stretching or trapped wind or usual pains of getting a bigger bump! Pregnancy has been kind to me so far and i think the last couple of months its going to make up for it!

Replies

• Options

I'm at almost exactly the same stage and have just put it down to skin/organs stretching and some days are worse than others. Do you have one of those banana shaped pillows? I've got one which goes between my knees and under the bump when I lie on my side; it helps me to sleep a bit.

• Options

Thanks Sange, I did think it could be stretching & growing, it just went on for so long! Ive got one of the U shaper nursing pillows, thought about using it as back support whilst sat on the sofa, not sure if it would be much use in bed though.

• Options

I got a spare pillow last night to wedge under my bump while i was on my side which seemed to help, Was still unfomfortable when I turned and when I got up out of bed & off the sofa.

i think i just have to accept that Im at the uncomfortable stage now! Havent had any more pain like saturday afternoon which is good!