Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

camping whilst 6 months pregnant - am I crazy?!!

So I'm all excited that I've finally booked a holiday for the summer. Decided to do a car ferry then stay at a eurocamp in France as for 1) things don't want to worry about the fit for flying letter & 2) I can take everything i need to be completely comfortable like pregnancy pillow as we can take the car. The tents look fine & they have proper beds with frames & mattresses but I've just realised that I'll be 6 months pregnant & won't have ensuite toilet facilities, not sure how much fun it's gonna be getting up in the middle of the night & trying to locate a toilet. I'm going to email the campsite & put a request in to be close to the facilities. I can't believe I didn't even think about it! Oh well, at least it's booked now

Replies

• Me too!! Im booked to go to camping in France late june, so I'll be 6 months too all being well. Although we booked before we found out im pregnant so we will be in a tent!! I may need to upgrade my bed! Lol ive been camping many times with friends who have been pregnant, yes they've been getting up in the night more, but once you know where you're hesding im sure you'll be ok. Where in france are you hesding to? We're heading to Normandy for  week xx

• How funny, we've both booked similar! We've booked a week in Vendee (a bit more south than Normandy) in the last week of July. Fingers crossed it should be ok for both of us!

• I went a couple of times when pregnant and was fine. Re the toilet I'd rather be not to close to them as everyone walks past you at all times day and night so I was awake listening to people walking past! I did bring a potty last time....and used it! Might be an option although might be hard at 6 months pregnant! Happy holidays!!