Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can I ask a mc question please?

I didn't really listen or think to ask any questions after our news.  How's long roughly will I bleed for? They've said it will be like a heavy period but not really given a time frame. What will this do to my cycle? Will I get another Af this month? 

Sorry for all the questions xx

Replies

• Hi NG. So sorry you are going through this. With my first (about eight weeks pregnant) I bled for about ten days. It was like a very heavy period - I've never had very heavy periods so it was a bit of a shock. All I would say is keep eating and drinking - I ended up very dehydrated and being admitted to hospital to be put on a drip. Again I'm so sorry you are going through this. Any other questions please shout. Look after yourself. Xx

• I bled for about 7 days with both of mine. It was very heavy and (tmi) had a lot of clots. Big hugs to you xxx

• I bled for about 9 days. My usual is about 6. It was a lot heavier and more painful than usual for the first couple of days then settled down. I counted the first day of bleeding as CD 1 as advised by my fertility nurse. I actual ovulated earlier on that cycle and conceived again straight away which amazed me seeing as it took nearly a year to get the miscarried bfp. So sorry you're going through this NG xx

• Hi NG, bit different as I ended up having an ERPC as my bleeding wasn't really heavy and everything was still in place but I just wanted to give you a heads up if its not already happened, when I took the tablets in the hospital to dilate my cervix, I was then delayed going down to theatre and I actually started bleeding heavily before I went down and my bleeding included fairly sizeable pieces of tissue sorry major tmi but it was literally fleshy bits of tissue. Up until then I didn't really appreciate what people meant when they referred to clots, I had noticed some little bits of tissue in my bleeding but just the normal that I would get in AF. I had my ERPC on Monday and my bleeding (although obviously much much lighter) has stopped today. I'm so sorry again NG, I'm glad you have Navy Boy with you. I know the nurse was just trying to make me feel better also but she told me that after a MC your body gets (her words not mine!) a taste for pregnancy and even if you've had difficulties concieving it can actually help your body ovulate and your body is geared up to get pg again (in a similar way that women often fall pg naturally after fertility treatment for a subsequent pregnancy) I don't mean to go off on a tangent or upset you so hope this doesn't, it just made me feel slightly better so wanted to mention it x

• Pretty much exactly as Lolly said. I bled for just over a week and ov'd slightly earlier than usual, having counted first day of the mc as CD1. I conceived P straight away.

• Thank you for the replys

The bleeding has been quite heavy with quite a few large clots so I'm hoping I can avoid ERPC as I have quite a difficult time with anaesthetics. I've heard similar things about a pregnancy increasing your chances of conceiving again so guess I will take advice from the clinic. Not sure on the rules for clomid following a mc. Sorry there seems so many md ladies who have suffered losses around x

• I bled for about 7 days (was measuring 5 weeks) and like others have said, it included some sizeable clots and tissue. I counted the first day of bleeding as cd1 and ov'd roughly when I would have expected in line with that (I didn't use anything to confirm this though). I am so sorry you are going through this NG, it just seems so cruel and unfair. I just hope getting pg has shown your body what it needs to do and you don't have to wait long before you get some good news. Am thinking of you, take care of yourself xxx

• From the day i started light bleeding to when it finished i was just over 2 weeks.

I was in no more pain than i usualy would be with AF, in fact i didnt get any pain at all.

Im really sorry your going through  this, please continue to ask questions if you need to x