Can we have an ask my million questions day!?
Since the board is quiet and I have 10mins, I think about these random things all the time so thought I would ask!!
1. For formula feeders, how do you measure how much your LO takes? What I mean is, I make O 6oz bottles but by the time I add 6scoops of powder to 6oz of water its almost 7oz of fluid. My HV asked me at his imms what he was taking, he normally leaves around 1oz in the bottle so is this still just 5oz even though he's had 6oz from the bottle?
2. Is it bad for their eyes or anything to see TV at this age (15weeks). I have the TV on when I'm pottering about during the day and given a chance, O watches it. I know he will just see the colours etc but I tend to turn him away from it or move round so he's not looking at it as I wasn't sure if it was 'ok!'? If I'm holding him and walking about, he'll throw his head round to see it if I move and he can't see if anymore.
3. When did you stop putting scratch mits on your LO's? I don't tend to put them on during the day but I do when I put him down to nap and at night as he's a terrible face scratcher and when he's tired he rubs his face but often really pokes himself in the eye! Is this something they just become more aware of as they get older?
4. For morrck users, what do your babies wear under the blankets? Do you put a hat on plus the hood? Do you do extra layers or just their indoor clothes?
5. Do you have a travelcot/playpen? Just now O loves his play gym so if I need to nip to the loo, go to the kitchen of anything I put him down on his gym and he'll kick away there for a good half hour to let me get things done. Conscious however that once he gets on the move leaving him will be a no-go so did you have somewhere 'safe' to put them?
6. O is desperate to get himself sitting up, as soon as I lie him back he's trying to pull himself up into a seating position. He loves when I put him next to me on the sofa but he can't support himself yet so I'm sort of holding him which is really awkward. Is there anything at this age that they can get as a sort of support seat!? (Not sure if this even exists)
Grateful if anyone can answer all or any of these!x