Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cheesecake

I always thought eating cheesecake during pregnancy was a no-no but, after speaking to the MW on Monday, it appears that I'm wrong. I avoided it for the whole 9 months when pregnant with F but apparently my MW has eaten cheesecake during all 3 of her pregnancies. She looked at me rather puzzled!

So, am I imagining that there's an issue with it or is it okay to eat? Are/did you eat it?

Replies

• Options

It's fine to eat as if it's baked, the eggs are cooked, and if it's a non baked one, there are no eggs in, just soft cheese, butter and lots of sugar, yummy! I remember having to check too though so you're not odd. Tuck in :)

• Options

So I avoided it for 9 months unnecessarily? Ah man.

• Options

You'll have to make up for it this time!

• Options

That's very tempting...

• Options

I love cheesecake, and now want some. It's fine to eat during pregnancy.

• Options

Love cheesecake. There's a new chef at work, the deconstructed cheesecake he does can almost reduce me to tears. I can't afford to eat there much, but I dream about that damn cheesecake!!

• Options

Oh! Cheesecake was my craving with E - I never used to like it before that and I ate tons of it while pregnant :-• !

• Options

Cake, made from cheeeeeeeeeeeese?!

Yes you can eat it - just check the ingredients. As long as the cheese is pasteurised and it's been baked if it contains eggs...enjoy!

• Options

I didn't know you couldn't have it, glad to hear you can!! Love cheesecake!!