Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

cloth users

2»

Replies

• Stripey - love the ruffle bum, Phoebes not had her wn one on for ages.

Does everyone use cloth wipes? I have to admit to not being a cheeky wipe lover anymore have so many softer wipes from various other places.

• I have tumbled them yes, I spoke to TB's a while back and they were really helpful but nothing really worked. They work best if I stuff one of the big microfibre inserts in from one of the cheapies and put a bamboo in too. I just don't have enough MF's to do this so should get some more, he has a massive bum though!

I've got into the bad habit of using normal wipes, must stop. I've ordered a load more fleece wipes so once they come I will be back on to the reusable wipes. I sold my cheeky wipes as I prefer the cheap fleecy ones.

• Right ladies, I definitely want to use cloth but I have been completely bamboozled with everything and don't know where to start! I'm worried that if I don't have a few to try out by the time baby is here that I'll probably use disposables and not think about cloth any more.

So.. what do you suggest I get to try first? Ideally would like birth-potty. Any suggestions!?

• Most birth to potty won't fit a newborn. We had tots bots easy fits and they didn't fit him for at least 6 weeks I think. If you want to use them straight from birth you'd be better getting small sized ones (TB do teeny fits, don't know about other brands) until they're big enough for the b2p.

There are lots of Facebook groups where you can get a few bargains if you wanted to try preloved until you found what worked for you.

• My LO was 9lb roughly when he fit birth to potty easyfits. We've had no problems with them

• Oh love that one Stripey, and the matching dress!

We are mainly using cheapies now as they work really well for us. Most of my Bumgenius Freetimes are velcro and a) they scratch his tummy and b) he can undo them. However he's slimmed down a bit now and it's cooler so he'll be wearing clothes over the nappies, so I might add them back into the rotation. We've started using Bamboozle stretchies at night too and love them, although we do need to add an extra booster or two. We don't use cloth wipes, just don't like the idea and H is dead against them so we've never bothered. We do have some wipes that are flushable which we use when out and about.

Sleeping tiger

Very hungry caterpillar

• Nappy twins Saisi :)

• Agree with what hat trick said, we started with BTP but they were far too big (she was 8lb 5oz) until the last week or so (now 12 weeks).  I bought a stash of newborn and used teeny fits, Bumgenius newborns, bimbles and a few others. I'm starting to get rid now if you'd be interested? I'm selling them super cheap (all the teeny fits have gone though) x

• I use washable wipes.  I bought the cheeky wipes kit but needn't have really.  I use the tubs but not the oils.  I bought white and turquoise wipes but I am getting rid of the turquoise ones and getting more white.  

Where do you buy cheap wipes from then?  I bought some poundland baby flannels to supplement which are just ok really.

• We love our cloth nappies! Just wish I'd used them with E as I get real girl nappy envy! Ms not had much nappy rash since we switched which is great and was actually the only reason for going cloth. H dislikes that M now smells of wee rather than chemicals when his nappy is full though Hmm He just seems desperate to find fault with them as he really wasn't keen on the idea Laugh We use cheeky wipes and some handmade ones that a friend here made for me which are so much nicer, really soft and fluffy! I love them! 

Fluffy Fish is selling hand made cloth wipes too ladies- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547324918654474&set=pb.333520373368264.-2207520000.1376379240.&type=3&theater I have so many otherwise I'd be purchasing too! 

• I bought these wipes this morning as I keep running out! £5.99 for 20 or £9.99 for 40 - www.ebay.co.uk/.../320963441106

• Morph I got mine from a lady on eBay, 10 for £3 but she's not currently listing as she's moving to her own website. I can let you know when she's up and running, her wipes are fab. You could make your own with a big cheap fleece if you wanted?

• Love these cute babies!!

I've only used little lambs bamboo and one microfibre, been fab so far. I bought one osfa cheapy to try but it's still going through through the wash so haven't tried it properly yet, it has poppers so I gave it a practice and not sure how to do it up properly, it's either to baggy or too tight-any tips?

Also where is the best place to buy if I want to try a few different ones?

Will try to get a pic later!

• We're loving cloth here! Using Charlie Banana AIOs in the day but disposables at night, as the night cloth nappies make B so huge I can't get an arm round her to BF! We'll try again in a few months.

We also  bought some two-parters but weren't such a fan :-(

The CBs are fine for leaks as long as we change very regularly, although the odd squirty poo has seeped out the legs. We find that cloth nappies smell less than disposables, which is a bonus.

Also using disposable wipes and no issues there.

I have nappy envy looking at all your marvellous patterned bums, we only have a rainbow of plain colours so will have to save for some fancy pants!

• We used btp with phoebe from 5 days (she was 7lb5 and  chunky) Aaron was about 7/8 weeks until the fitted properly but we used them for a few weeks before. He was small and skinny legged then.

• Damn them being so cute! I'm a lazy bum who is easily addicted to things! Will I end up not bothering or buying a million types thus spending more money than saving?!

• If you shop around and are prepared to buy second hand, them it won't cost the earth. I've probably spent a lot as I like to buy prints and other inserts to try out, but I plan to use these with #3 so I will save money, eventually!