Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Swolen Feet

I am 32 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks I have had swolen feet and ankles, they seem to get getting worse and at times it is painful to walk, they can be itchy and I have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to help them go down totally. I am still working and on my feet a lot during the day but when at home I rest with my feet up as much as possible. Anyone got any suggestions I can try.........

vic

Replies

• Aww, I know what you mean. I kept crying about it when I has pregnant with Mia. The only thing I found was wearing flip flops all the time but I know in some jobs is isn't possible. I did find if I sat on chairs that were too high and my feet didn't touch the floor that they got a lot worse. At home try laying on the sofa or armchair sideways with your legs up the wall. I hope it gets better soon. If it's an office based job lots of companies offer work station assessments to see what they can do to help. If you can get a footrest from them it might help a bit.

Best wishes and congrats.

Sym

• Ahh bless ya huni! I no that feeling all to well! When I was pregnant with Eva I worked full time at a care home which is blinking huge and I suffered with sore swollen, itchy achey feet! i tried soaking them in warm water when I got home then keeping them raised! If they're too painful I'd suggest visiting your GP hun! I must admit I'm very lucky this time as I'm 31wks pregnant and I only work part time as I have my 16month old! Plus I have now been signed off work with syatica and carple tunnel lol!
    I hope your feet improve. How long you got left till you finish work?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanx for that....Its a great help hearing from other people..... They are a lot better today and almost back to the right size but then I have not done a great deal for the last couple of day, tomorrow will be a different matter. I work as a nanny so am on the go all day running after a 2 and 5 year old but the good news is I finish work this week (2nd) and it can't come soon enough.

If things don't improve once I am at home, then I will go see the dr and see what she has to say.

Thanks again

vic