Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did you get a feeling you were going to go into labour?

Other than the 'show' and contractions did any of you 'know' you were going to go into labour soon?

I am only 35 weeks but for the last 24 hours have felt 'funny'. I feel nauseous and have a pressure down below. Last night I had a fair amount of cramping like period pains. I also feel so incredibly tired.

Replies

• Options
    Yes I did...I also had a show as well...i just felt off and had tidied my house from top to bottom even refusing anyone to eat in it and made H take us out for tea lol x
  • Options
    Nope. I'd turned down induction, was 15 day's overdue, contractions 3mins apart and still unsure if it was "the real thing"
  • Options

No, i was 5cm dilated before i had any contractions 2nd time. Was just by chance i had a consultant appointment that day.

• Options

Nope, I think I was still in denial when I was in labour.

• Options

Nope, just felt fed up and knackered!

• Options
    God no. Happily chilling on the sofa waiting to call the ward for induction when my waters went. No warning or feelings or anything
  • Options

Nope. Similar to LP, I got up out of bed to get ready for work, felt a little trickle (had the first thought of OMG seriously have I just wee'd myself a bit!) just made it to the bathroom and my waters went like a flood!

• Options

I had no previous signs, I was lying on the settee all morning at 39+1, I went upstairs to get ready, on the stairs I felt a little gush, then again in the shower & getting dressed.  My waters continued to trickle out all through labour. Contractions kicked in 4hours after first trickle of waters.

• Options

Yes,  my waters broke about 6-8 hours before! Ha, and it was my due date and I knew no daughter of mine would be late,  I hate lateness.. In all seriousness I didn't know at the time but when I look back I can see after weeks of managing on a few hours sleep,  I had a full night,  felt so relaxed,  was able to eat for the first time in 8 months without being sick (temporarily). However didn't realise this until after.

• Options

Yes but similar to Little Madam I didn't realise until afterwards.  With both of mine I had felt so anxious towards the end, fed up and really emotional but I look back now and on each of the days I went into labour I woke up with a totally relaxed attitude of what will be will be and im not gonna mope around any more and get on with things.  I had lots of energy and just wanted to be out and about doing something.  With my 2 nd I had the urge to walk for miles and it was whilst walking my 1st contractions came.