Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Did your body ever return to its pre-baby shape?

Following on from Dottys post about weight loss I just wondered if your body ever returned to its pre birth shape? Not so much weight related but shape. Since bring pregnant mt hips and rib cage have widened which I think is more frame related than weight and I wonder if this is my new shape or if my hips / chest will go back to the size they were before?

just curious more than looking to rush a change

Replies

• Apart from my boobs, yes. My pre-pregnancy clothes fit again after a few weeks and once I'd stopped bf-ing I was remeasured for a bra and was surprised to me a chest size lower. Now I'm pregnant again my boobs are fabulous again, I even pass the pencil test! The rest of me is getting more flabulous though... Can't have it all I guess.

• No. Tbh iv been pregnant since may 2008 and bf 2 babies for over a year. Iv lost a good bit if weight and I'm a 10/12 now (not been that from may 2008!!) but my hips are v wide now. I'm a 32d bra size Eek so iv still 10lbs to loose but I don't think il be able to wear really short things now due to huge hips x

• In terms of weight, I managed to lose all my baby weight plus a bit more so now I actually weigh less than before I fell pregnant. As for my body shape, I was expecting my hips to change and be a bit wider but I've not really noticed any difference to be honest. I've got friends who have commented that their shape has changed though.

• I lost most of my baby weight bar 5 lbs but my hips were wider (oddly one hip is significantly fatter than the other!).  I wonder if the main differences for me are more to do with not going to the gym/running 6 days a week like I did prebaby. Sadly boobs went back to previous size!

• Nope, not at all.

I don't think I will ever be able to shift the post c section tummy without a tummy tuck!

• Rusty I was lying on the bed yesterday attempting to zip up a pair of size 10 hot pants that barely got over my thighs they fit me in march 2007 Weep I wondered if they may have shrank as I tried to load the double section tummy in Weep

• Btw I was never going to wear them I just wanted to see if they fit!

• I'm just over seven weeks in. My tummy is totally different after my section. My hips seem to be the same as my jeans fit after week three however my ribcage hasn't moved and Ibnow need a whole new undies selection I reckon. .

• I've been really lucky. Within a week of a being born I was a stone lighter than I was before I was pregnant. Shape ise, other than a teeny wobbly belly, everything other than boobs seems normal. All my pre pregnancy clothes fit other thsn a few tops that are tight across the boobs, I am breast feeding.

• Meant to say my boobs are just a bigger cup, during pregnancy I went from a 32 to 34 but back in a 32 straight after birth

• I lost all my baby weight and an extra 1/2 stone but am wider.  Oh and the boobs are trashed as is my fanny!!!!  After this one my boobs will be on the floor, they have grown so much already, my husband is scared of them!

• I was quite lucky I think, I only put on 1 1/2 stone altogether and I'd lost a stone just having him when I weighed myself when I got home. He was 9lb 3oz and I then competed in the Olympic sport of extreme breastfeeding which saw me shrink to less than before I was pregnant! I was 10 stone then so lost another 1/2 stone in the first couple of weeks feeding him and was back in my normal clothes. My shape has changed, my hips are definitely a different shape and I've always had a good bust (32F) but they're now much softer and not as firm and I ended up with a few stretch marks. All in all I think I was quite lucky really x