Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you love your child's name?

2»

Replies

• I love F's name but knew my mum wouldn't so no one was told until after he was born.

I would go withJames if you love it. Like you say, most people won't remember it's his middle name.

• I loved number ones name before she arrived and just really liked number two's. it was h's choice. I can't remember what name I wanted now and she really is a Sophie now and I love it.

Go with James, I bet none of your friends could remember your son's middle name if asked and am sure a fair few family wouldn.t either.  they are just nout used. I know one of my friends middle names but only due the the funny story attached to it.

How many middle names outside of close family do you know?

• Sorry for terrible typing am on phone with small person on me!

• I bl00dy love both of their names - they are the only ones with those names that I have met. Saying that, I'm not sure O's name suits him, but I have no idea what else I would call him so its staying. I think/hope he'll grow into it a bit more.

• Yes I love our Los name - Samuel James. He would have been James actually if H had had his way but I have always loved Samuel more and he is such a Sam / Sammy we couldn't imagine anything else now!

If you love James like no other I would consider using it too. It wouldn't be my ideal, with it already being used, but if it doesn't bother you, definitely don't worry what others think - its much more important you give your boy the right name :)

• Yes I love the names of my three. If Theo was here I'd possibly be a bit gutted that I'd discounted the full version is Theodore because at the time I didn't like it as much but now I love it. He will forever be my Theo though.

Eleni was the name I had the most wobbles about, I love it but when she was born I briefly thought she should have been her middle name Sofia but she is so much her name now, individual just like she is. She calls herself Leni (said Lenny) and I can't imagine her being anything else despite me wanting to nickname her Nell when I chose the name.

I love, love, love Jonah's name. I wanted it each time and finally wore down the H! I love names that I like seeing written down and I still feel that rush for it when I see it in type. I sound like a complete weirdo now!

• Yes i love them. Id use the middle name if its one you love x

• **Pip**

I love, love, love Jonah's name. I wanted it each time and finally wore down the H! I love names that I like seeing written down and I still feel that rush for it when I see it in type. I sound like a complete weirdo now!

Pip, I get exactly what you mean with this. There's a name I like or this one but I'd have to go for theknife unusual spelling because although pronounced the same I always see a name when I say it and I think it looks so much better than the better known version.

In answer to the OP, I still love Alex(ander)'s name. I sometimes wish I'd pushed Xander as a shortening, but he's so an Alex now I think it works. I had reservations that it's do popular but I'm yet to meet another his age.

I'd need to know what this one is/will be called before I can say if I love it, but given I loved the name Alexander before he was conceived, I'm not sure it can live up to that.

Although it's not ideal, I would use James if you want to. I very much doubt either child will hold it against you or be scarred for life because of it.

• Yes i love Poppy's name. I'm not sure we'll find another girls name we love as much if this one is a girl.

• Thank you for all the replies! Smile

I asked B on the way home from school and his words were 'it's only a name mummy, it will not be a problem, it's won't hurt me, it isn't even my first name' Laugh I love him so much! Love

I also asked my mum and she said it wouldn't be weird and I shouldn't care anyway lol. I also spoke to my ex-H when he rang as we chose the name together and I wondered if he would find it strange and he said 'it doesn't matter to me, I will be calling it George anyway' ROTFL

So, I now have two names in the running, the original that we decided on and James (Jamie)! Guess we shall see in ten weeks time! 

• That all sounds very positive! I really like Jamie too.

So sweet of B!

• My friend has a William James and then called her second James. It was a leetle bit weird when they first announced it but now I don't give it a second thought.

• Thanks Lamby. I did contemplate just using Jamie as then it is not exactly the same name but OH prefers James and I can shorten it if wanted. We would need to change the middle name we chose as it doesn't flow. OH has suggested Eric after his grandad which I love too!

Ooo decisions decisions! Big Smile

• ^ that says my friend. she's actually my cousin Laugh

• That is good to hear Hollywood! x

• Chimp, my son is Harry Edward (Edward for my grandad who I still really miss and luckily Harry knew him and remembers him). I really like Edward and husband and I said if it was our favourite (it's not) we'd happily use it as a first name. Also, because Harry is mine from my first marriage, it would be a really cute bond between much older brother and younger brother hopefully helping bridge a gap? That's not really what I mean, but I can't expressi t properly.

Anyway, it wouldn't put me off using it for a forename.