Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone else's baby seem to think sleep is for wimps??

I have never known a 3 month old baby sleep so little!! Last night we went to bed at 8.30 as i was ill with a tummy bug but P didnt go to sleep till 10.30.  Then we were up feeding from 12.30-1.30 and again from 4-5am and then she woke at 7 and was up for the day so that's only 6.5 hours sleep and she has only just nodded off for a nap this morning but i predict she will only sleep for half an hour! I would say her daytime naps average about 2 hours in total.

G used to sleep half the day!!!

Replies

• Scrap that - the nap lasted 5 mins!!! Arrrgh!

• This was E for quite a while TBH, it's only when she's being really active that her naps are longer, they were abot 2 hours when she started rolling at 10weeks briefly as she was tired, same for crawling at 20 weeks and now for standing at 29 weeks, the long naps are just temporary though! Bless them!

• Yep, A is all but refusing to sleep at the moment. I reckon she (and me) got about 4 hours max last night, and her day naps total probably no more than 2 hours. I dunno how she gets through the day...i'm dead on my feet!

• Today yes, have tried putting E down for naps and after 5 mins he is up. Usually a walk in the buggy would solve this but don't fancy going out in this weather. Need to pop to tesco once HV has been round so hopefully the car journey will make him doze

• We are the same Ferbs - she will usually go off for longer in the buggy but dont fancy the rain!! I know it wont mean more sleep tonight either unfortunately! I dont know how she does it - i am knackered!!

• My 4 year old is much the same, always has been Weep the only child I know who shouts through at 4.45, is it morning time yet, gro clock fail! Digital alarm clock (worked for a bit but then failed) iv just accepted that il never sleep again, the sickening thing is his brother has slept from 8 weeks so I'd have a newborn sleeping through the night whilst I was up with the 3 year old Weep

• I'm quite lucky at night at the moment as little h is going from 7.30 until at least four.. Sometimes five... But during the day no chance of a nap longer than 20 minutes and they tend to be in the car seat and the pram x

• H def thinks sleep is for wimps. Though st 3 months he at least lived sleeping at night! Now nothing :(