Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does the Easter Bunny visit your house?

I talked to E about the Easter Bunny last night and explained that if she's been good, he will leave chocolate eggs for her. H staid we shouldn't tell her crap like that - the Easter bunny clearly never went to his house Laugh Do your children believe in it?! 

Replies

• I had this conversation with my friend yesterday. I have a 5 year old, 2 & half year old and 18 month old and I don't think I'm going to bother about the easter bunny. My parents never made a big deal of it when I was little so that's maybe why I don't bother?

• I was never told that it was the eater bunny bringing my eggs, it was from whoever had actually given them. I've said to N lightheartedly that he has to be good if the easter bunny is to bring him eggs but if he asks seriously who bought them I'll tell him the truth.

• No they get eggs but I don't think Easter is about bunnies tbh.

• I did it to make her behave Laugh I don't recall my parents making a big deal about the bunny either but do remember it in conversation at school. I might use it for a few years so that E will be good in March/April as well as December Laugh

• Yes he visits our house.  I've hidden away all th eggs we've been given and they will be left out for them in the morning.

• Well F has already seen the easter eggs on top of the wardrobe so no hope of pretending that they're from the EAster bunny anyway!! I think there's enough to keep up with with Santa & the tooth fairy without the Easter bunny as well. But if it's working making E behave WS, then keep on with it!!

• I dont think we'll be telling ours about bunny's and eggs, its more about the actual meaning for us, so that'll be the important bit and eggs will be a bonus!

• No, no giant magic bunnies here,Laugh h thinks inn a right grump for not participating but no we give the Easter eggs. We didn't have the Easter bunny as children and that's probably why but the idea just sits funny with me, (grouchy old man icon). But if s was old enough to understand me and it made him behave............

• Well E has been really good this week Laugh

Porkchop- that's what H said. It was a religious thing for his family rather than about chocolate eggs. It will be eventually with mine but telling a 2 year old that Jesus was crucified seems a bit much at the moment (she's very sensitive and after Christmas still refers to Him as 'baby Jesus' !)

• We've mentioned it to C to try and get him to be good this week too!  It's not worked that well.  He's had breakfast with the Easter bunny this morning as well, and was really excited about meeting him.

• No reference to the bunny here but then there wasn't when I was growing up either. No secrets I this house considering he deliberately went searching for his birthday presents that I'd hidden at my parents this week and keeps referring to his Unicom (which is actually a hobby horse!)

• I don't think he's going to visit here, the eggs N gets will be from us / my parents etc.

If he mentions the Easter Bunny I may tie him in somehow, or start next year, but not tomorrow I don't think.

• Maybe say that baby jesus died to save the rest of us? but then he came back to life on Sunday, might not seem so awful then.  Perhaps leave the details of the actual crucifixion until she's a lot older!!!!!

• Yes absolutely. Didn't realise he didn't go to some houses. My 5 year old was so excited tonight. I don't imagine he will believe for long, but its nice while he does. He knows the Easter story too, but we are not religious.

• Yep, the Easter Bunny comes here. Well, C is too old, and when talking to my SIL earlier, he piped up "oh, is it Easter tomorrow", but will carry it on for J. It's along the same lines as tooth fairy and Santa isn't it. C just isn't bothered about it now.

Can remember a family friend who tried to tell C about the religious signifiance, but he stopped her in her tracks with "sorry, we don't do about Jesus in our house". It's all about the chocolate here.

• It's Passover in this house, so no! We did buy eggs for H's cousins kids and his niece though. I expect that next year the outlaws will try to stuff E with chocolate eggs which will be yet another battle in our mixed faith saga.

• Deedee- loved the photo of breakfast with the Easter bunny Laugh

Hep- great way to get them to behave Laugh

PC- We have a story book for children that explains the significance of Easter. I'm going to wait until next year and let H read it to her, for now she can enjoy the chocolate!

Leela- I have a mix of friends who make it a big deal and some who don't bother. One friend drew bunny footprints around her house last night and a few others have done easter egg hunts with little letters from the bunny. I'm lazy, went to a pre-organised hunt yesterday with Ella Laugh

AK- C is so funny.

Stripey- Must be awkward having clashing beliefs!

• I left a trail of eggs one year and said it was the bunny but B didn't believe me! We don't so it here, he sees the eggs coming in from family and friends and they go on top of the fridge, then on Easter morning I hide them around the house. I never had the Easter bunny growing up either.