Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early scans and daily testing!

2»

Replies

• Sorry first time posting a pic from iPad, don't know how I managed twice!! That's our 7 week scan (internal - joy!)  and we seen a lovely strong heartbeat But didn't hear it - i didnt think to ask! It was very emotional & first time I believed I was actually pregnant. So so pleased for you rod x

• Huge congratulations! You will definitely see a hb then...we saw ours at 6 weeks exactly and it was amazing! Keeping everything crossed for you!

• Congratulations!  Hope your scan goes really well

• Rod, just wanted to say I'm really pleased for you.

I have no experience with the early scan but will be completely hypocritical and tell you to remember that this is a totally new pregnancy so try and embrace it as such. I spent so much time worrying about things that I never enjoyed my pregnancy at all.

Easier said than done, I know, but keep positive and I'm praying that all goes well for you.

X

• Everything sounds positive so keeping everything crossed for you Rod. I tested everyday for a couple of weeks if I remember right. I ordered a pack of just IC dip tests from amazon for a couple of pound and did those, I even lined them up next to each other so I could compare the lines!! (My H just loved going to the bathroom, there were 'pee sticks' as he called them everywhere!) the testing helped me so if you can get some cheapies I don't think there any harm in testing if it makes you feel better. Seeing those lines got me through the first few weeks.

I had a scan at 6+1 and we saw a HB. It was also an external scan, although they were about to do an internal as they couldn't see anything but then she found the tiny bean just before they were about to switch. HB was clear as day and you could see it pumping away x

• Thanks everyone I really appreciate the support and advice. I am trying so hard to enjoy things, in fact, I really enjoy feeling sick! Haha!

BLL - I don't know if I can take aspirin, I'm asthmatic so its not the best idea for me. However, I will mention it my gp / EPU when I see them - I don't want to risk it by self medicating.

I keep having moments of panic where I don't feel sick, or my boobs don't hurt, or my back isn't aching. then it comes back and I feel better again - feeling better for feeling worse!

I have a drawer 'full of piss' as my H calls it, all my tests from last Wednesday are in there! I've got a load of ICs so I can carry on testing, but I don't know if its doing me any good. I don't just look at the positive, I start analysing the lines to see if they're darker etc. Its just draining when really, if something is going to happen, there is nowt I can do to stop it is there?!

2 week 2 days til my scan. I cant wait!

H and I booked a holiday last night for July when I will be about 20 weeks, so I'm trying to focus on that and keep busy....easier said than done!

• I have nothing to add apart from how excited I am for you, sending you so many vibes!!!xxx
  • Aw thanks Mrs B! xxx