Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling like the worst mummy in the world :'(

I was due to go to a friend's hen do tonight but decided earlier i wouldnt go as P was out of sorts. H said to go as i needed a break and he would be fine with the girls so i decided to go. The do was an hour from home. H called half way through the meal to say P seemed to be in pain and was screaming and could i come home. Got back in record time but i feel so unbelievably guilty and sad that my baby was distressed and crying for me and i wasnt there. She is so pale where shes been crying with reflux pain. I so so wish i hadnt gone out.

Replies

• Your not a bad mummy, you came home and are with her now and that's all that matters. Hope she gets better soon

• You're not a bad Mummy. You left her with her Daddy.

• Wrs. Bad mummy status denied x

• Your not a bad mummy! Not even slightly! As the other ladies said, you went home as soon as you knew you were needed! Some people I know with kids wouldn't have done that! Don't beat yourself up about it! :-) hope P feels better soon!

• You are not a bad mummy at all. you can't deny yourself time for you and you left p with her daddy. you came home as soon as he called you which is the best you could do and more than some mummies would. xx

• Not a bad Mummy at all.. She was with her equally capable and loving Daddy...she wasn't crying for you as such, she was crying anyway iyswim.

• Hey m.. Don't you dare beat yourself up... Your the best mummy!

• You're not a bad mummy MM hope lo is ok hugs x

• Thanks girls. I still feel really guilty and tearful but the good news is P was fine overnight and had more pain

I think on top of the reflux the Gaviscon has made her constipated as she has gone from diarrhoea 5 times a day to nothing in over 24 hours, poor little thing :-( x

• Awwwww Glad shes been ok overnight MM, shes probably got crampy constipation pain too poor luv. Is there anything other than the gaviscon that she can have? xx

• That meant to say she had no more pain!!

Luna i am keeping her off formula as much as poss and going back to one top up before bed if necessary. She has 3 top ups on Thurs and she has been worse since then with reflux so trying to work out if its coincidence or related. If her reflux is still bad on almost exclusive bfing then i am bavk to the docs for diffrrent meds. She only has Gaviscon in a bottle so she would go back to only having it once a day which seemed ok before. Where her reflux was bad her little voice is so hoarse poor little thing.

• Awwww poor luv has been through it hasnt she :( its horrible isnt it because its a case of trial and error until you are able to figure out the cause :( big cuddles xxx

• Don't feel bad, nothing more you could've done than H.

Big S was in agony on gaviscon.