Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First scan today...It's TWINS!!!! w/pic

Hello lovely ladies! Remember me? Sorry I've been MIA for ages but I have been feeling horrendous, literally the sickest and most tired I have ever felt in my life for the last two months and now I know why!

We had our first scan today and...it's twins! EekHeart As soon as she placed it on my stomach, there they were, wriggling away!! I'm just in shock and feel so incredibly blessed...a bit scared though I'll admit! OH is so happy and has been my rock all day keeping me calm lol! They've dated me as 13+3... I'm just...speechless!  Hope pics come out ok!

Any advice from Twin mums or anyone for that matter please feel free to share!! 

Replies

• Congratulations BM! That must have been a shock, hopefully some twin mummies will be along soon with some advice!

• Wow amazing! It must have been a big shock but like you say, what a wonderful blessing. Congratulations x
  • Wow great news...Lovely scan pictures too. Congratulations x x

• Now THAT is a great scan pic!! Hugest of congrats! There are a few twin mummies about so hopefully someone will come along soon x

• Great scan pic! Congrats :)

• Congratulations!

• Wow! Congratulations! x

• Wow! That is amazing! Many congratulations! I guess a starting point would be joining Tamba as they would have a lot of advice and give discounts.
  • Wow, sorry, no advice but congratulations! Brilliant pics! Xxx

• wow wee! amazing! What a fantastic scan photo to see!

• Wow that's amazing. Congratulations!!!!  Brilliant scan pictures xxx

• Congratulations, very exciting. Amazing scan photo! X

• What a fab scan picture! Congratulations on twins!!

• Congratulations!

• Lovely news. Congratulations x

• Such a lovely scan pic :)

Congratulations xxx

• Congratulations.

• Congratulations!

i have 4 year old identical twins, they'll be 5 in March. 

Having twins is wonderful, hard work, but wonderful. 

They always have a friend and my two have a wonderfully close relationship. You'll be a celebrity around town and everyone will stop to have a look and a chat with you; you'll find many people will smile as they see you coming. I once remember posting that having twins felt like I'd put a smile on the face of the world. 

I found the key to a relatively normal existence was a routine. It's not possible to be totally baby led as you can be dealing with one baby and then the other one will need you and it's inevitable that at some point they'll both be crying and you can't be helping both of them at the same time. Just do your best, but don't set yourself up with expectations you can't meet all the time. My two were put on a 3 hourly feeding routine when we were in hospital as they lost so much weight in the 12 hours following their birth. (They pooed constantly so I reckon that's where the weight went!) anyway, feeding 3 hourly really suited them and me, we knew where we were at all the time. My biggest piece of advice re nighttime feeds is that if one wakes to feed, wake the other and feed him/her too. Then you know they both have a full tummy! 

Biggest piece of advice for day times is if someone offers a helping hand, accept it! Having twins is fabulous and although there have been difficult times and times when I've had to think differently to my friends who are parents of singletons, I wouldn't change it for the world. i would do it all again in a heartbeat. I miss my baby twins, but I adore the little boys my babies have become. 

Oh and find out now about your local twins club. Some of them run sessions for mums to be so you can get a head start on making friends. My twin mum friends are my best friends. They just get it and there's no need to explain anything, they just understand. Have a look at TAMBA and think about joining. It's only £2 per month and you get some great discounts, advice and their website has a forum for people expecting twins as well as after you have them and beyond. 

Most of all enjoy every moment of this experience, you'll get extra scans to check on them, monthly if they're non identical and every fortnight if they're identical. 

X

• How exciting, great scan photos too x

• Hello and massive congratulations!

I have identical twin girls, they are 22 months and fabulous in every way. Ask any questions you want!