Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Friday 1st Tri

Hi Ladies, how are we all? Hope everyone has had a good week.

Not much to report, I had my booking in appointment on Wednesday, as everyone warned me, very boring, lots of form filling and only thing I found out is that I should be taking a vitamin D supplement alongside the folic acid. I got away without having my bloods done as they will apparently do them when I have my nuchal scan and do all the screening there, so that was a relief! 

Going camping tonight until Sunday, I had been looking forward to it pre-pregnancy as there's a group of us going but now I'm really not looking forward to it and will really miss my own bed! I imagine it will be an early night on Sunday for me! 

I'm 11 weeks today, I can't believe I'll be 12 weeks next week, the first few weeks went so slowly but the last 2-3 have flown by! 

Replies

• Hi Woowoo - the GP mentioned to me this time about the recommendation for Vitamin D. I'd taken Pregnacare until 12 weeks last time but didn't bother after that whereas she stressed that it was important to take them the whole time. I've never really been good at taking vits! I went to Morrisons when I first found out and saw their own brand was buy one get two free, so I've got enough to last me the first few months anyway.

Going out for a meal tonight with a big bunch of friends for various different celebrations. I'm really glad now that I told a select few last weekend as they'll be able to cover for me and drink my wine!

• Hi Ladies 12 weeks does fly in, but i suppose the fact that the first 4 are kind of cheat weeks, is probably why,

Enjoy the camping Woowoo! you're a braver woman than me! I can't stand it!

I hope you enjoy your meal Ninky! sounds like a lovely night!

AFM - Nothing more to report from me. Still tired! Went to boots today with my colleague who sussed me out and got pregnacare on the 3 for 2 offer, so that's me set for the next 3 months or so.  Highly recommend you take pregnacare all through your pregnancy. I did with W and i'll be doing so again this time round.  It made me feel like i was doing everything i could for the little one whilst there wasnt' much i could do for them...if that makes sense.

RKB 4+2...i think

• I'm so, so tired too RKB. I had to go and take a walk around the block this morning as I was nearly falling asleep at my desk!

Need to find something to wear tonight. I was so proud of myself after losing all of my baby weight that I went out and bought a load of new tight clothes, skinny jeans etc in a smaller size. My work trousers are seriously straining at the waist at the moment. I know it's bloat, but that doesn't make any difference in terms of fitting into things! Had a tight dress on at the weekend and two pairs of control pants and looking back at photos I can still see a bump. Hopefully everyone will think it's still baby weight from the first!