Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friday 2nd Tri

Morning ladies

thank you for the support yesterday, it means a lot. Just hoping we see our little monkey tomorrow and everything Iis ok. Today I'm off to hospital for my blood tests so I can be referred to the consultant sbout my blood disorder, I'm hoping they don't make a big deal of it all.

Hope you're all well and have a fab weekend xx

Replies

• Options

Morning MrsL, hope it goes okay at the hospital. One more day until you can see baby again!

AFM, getting a little worried I haven't felt many movements recently. I do have an anterior placenta and only 20+4 but I was sure I'd been feeling some at night but haven't really noticed anything the last few days. Do you think I need to be worried? Today LO is at nursery so I've got some housework to do, the shopping being delivered and my uncle popping over.

Hi to those who follow x

• Options

Morning all. HAPPY FRIDAY!

Mrs L - has there been any more bleeding? Fingers crossed all is well with little one tomorrow. Hope the tests all go well.

WG - I think with an anterior placenta, it's really hard to get a pattern of movement before 24 weeks ish. Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know!).

AFM - I am in quite a lot of pain today. The right hand side of my bump is so sore, feels like I have a constant stitch. I am going to have a nice bath tonight...H is away until I join him on hols next Thursday so I am going to loaf about the house lots and not do much else!

Anyone else got fun plans for the weekend?

• Options

Morning all!

MrsL - hope the hospital goes ok today. Good luck for your scan.

WG - probably not, I went through quiet phases around then too, however if it is bothering you I'd call your mw. I find when I am busy I don't notice the smaller movements.

Spend some time just sitting and concentrating on your bump and hopefully you'll notice the movements more.

Gavi - boo to being home alone! Enjoy you soak in the bath and hope it eases the stretching. I find massaging moisturiser into mine relieve it for a little bit.

AFM - I'm saying bye to the second tri today. I won't venture over to third tri just yet, but I'm going on holiday this aft for a week so will move over then. Plus I'll be 28 weeks so will feel it's a bit more official by then! H has all of today off which is nice so we're having a relaxed morning before heading of to the airport. So looking forward to some time just us in the sun. We've had a hectic couple of months!

I hope that the scans coming up go well and I'll see you all over in third tri soon enough! X

• Options

Morning everyone.

Mrs l hope you don't have to hang around at the hospital for too long to have your bloods taken. Only a day until you can see baby again!

WG I have an anterior placenta too and don't have regular movements. I think baby can wriggle behind it or be kicking your back instead. I would try not to worry about it but give your midwife a call if that would help x

Gavi hope that the stitch eases off. A bath sounds like a great idea. Loafing around the house also sounds like a winner!

Browny hope you have an amazing holiday and good luck in 3rd tri! I hear that they have babies over there ;)

Sorry didn't get back on yesterday, shopping is tiring! We bought newborn vests, short and long sleeves, some babygrows in first size, newborn and up to one month, although the newborn ones we got are up to the same size as the up to one month! H also chose some outfits even though we don't need any, but at the beginning of the shopping trip he said he didn't want to buy baby clothes yet so thought I should let him choose some things! I will see if I can pit links to some of the bits. I had a next voucher to spend!

www.next.co.uk/x533912s1

www.next.co.uk/x533922s3

www.next.co.uk/x534900s3

m.direct.asda.com/.../G004583139,default,pd.html

m.direct.asda.com/.../G004583153,default,pd.html

www.matalan.co.uk/.../boys-3-pack-premium-printed-sleepsuits-tiny-baby-18mths

We found it hard to find neutral things we liked particularly now we know the gender. I now don't need to buy anything apart from little things like scratch mitts, cotton hat for hospital and long sleeved 0-3 month vests. I've written a list of what I need and am hoping to stick to it so I don't spend too much. Need to do work today, got next week's lessons to plan for and my mum broke her foot yesterday and it needs to be operated on today so I want to get loads done so I can go visit her tomorrow or Sunday.

• Options

MrsL - I hope all goes well at the hospital. Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

WG - I don't think you need to be worried as it is still a little early before you should feel regular movements. I can understand your concern though. Have a relaxed day today!

Gavi - Enjoy the time alone! It's great sometimes to have your own space, watch what you want/eat what you want etc. I do hope the pain eases though!

Browny - I can't believe you are leaving to 3rd tri! Enjoy you holiday and good luck with 3rd tri :) Hope to see you over there in a couple of months xx

bunny -  I love the outfits that you have bought!! So cute. I hope your mums operation goes well xxx

Afm - scan day!! I shall be back later to report :) xxx

Hi to all that follow xxx

• Options

Morning ladies,

Mrs L: I hope your scan goes well tomorrow (am jealous you get to see yours before me!!) will you find out the gender if they can tell at this stage?

WG: I've mentioned before that I felt movement quite late with Isobelle with the anterior placenta (funnily enough they got stronger towards the end when I'd read everywhere that they'd get less!). But if you've felt movement & it's reduced considerably it might be worth contacting the mw just for piece of mind - that's what they're they for!

Gavi: Hope the pain settles down & you enjoy a nice quiet house!

Browny: Very jealous of your holiday in the sun. Hope you have a great time & we'll see you in the 3rd tri (but not for awhile yet!!)

Bunny: Haven't had a chance to look at all your shopping but looks like you've done well. Hope you get your work done today

AFM: I finally know that what I'm feeling is movement. Baby pumpkin is definitely a night owl! Only 7 days till the scan & I'm getting sleepless nights due nerves & excitement already!! Didn't get as much work done as I'd hoped (due to my own laziness) but have discovered that I've got an inset day on monday so that leaves a bit of extra time. I really do live in my own little world, can't believe I didn't know about the training day!!

My hubby's got a stag weekend so my BIL is coming over to look after Isobelle on Sunday whilst I rehearse (really hop he's reliable & is ok as he's never baby sat before!!

Hi to all that follow x

• Options

Good luck boo! Hope everything goes well. Let us know how it goes xx

• Options

Bk that's great that Pumpkin's moving around! I love the nickname. I wish I had an inset day! I'm covering all the classes for a day over the next few weeks for teachers report time so it will be the first full weeks of teaching I've done since before k. 7 days is not long!

• Options

WG - Im sure the movements are fine, ring the MW if you are worried but its still early days to have a pattern.

Gavi - no more bleeding fingers crossed! Hope the pain in your bump goes away soon.

Browny - good luck in 3rd Tri!

Bunny - love the clothes! Hope your mum is ok

Boo - eeeek good luck with the scan, let me know how u get on

Blackkat  - i bet the movements are exciting. Ive had a few here and there but not 100% sure if its baby, it feels like it could be.

AFM - Well ive just had my bloods taken so now to wait for the hospital referal. Hope it wont take too long to come through x

• Options

Gavi - hope a soak in the bath tonight helps your aches and pains. I always nice a nice bath helps all sorts of woes (even my irrational pregnancy moods!) :-)

Browny - have a great holiday and good luck over on 3rd tri, hopefully 'see' you there soon.

Bunny - it's reassuring to hear that you've not felt regular movements yet. I know deep down it can still be a little early and the anterior placenta is only making it more difficult but I'm just rather paranoid about everything at the moment. Love the clothes you bought yesterday! I'm a sucker for Next clothing, I've been eyeing up lots of girly things ready to buy!

Boo - hope the scan goes well.

BK - Hurrah for inset day on Monday! Hope you manage to get your work done.

MrsL - hope you're not waiting too long for the referral.

I'm feeling a little less concerned now after feeling what I think were slight movements earlier. I think I'm just feeling very anxious at the moment and every little thing worries me. I have to remember that an anterior placenta is going to make feeling movements harder and also that at just over 20 weeks it can still be a little early anyway. I didn't feel anything until well past this stage when pregnant with F. I will keep an eye on things though. I can see my hair getting more grey by the day...

• Options

Hello everyone,

It's nearly the weekend- woo hoo but unfortunately that means back to work soon- boooo!

Gavi- hope the bump ache eases and enjoy your loafing :)

Bunny- sorry to hear your mum has broken her foot. hope she is ok.  I feel your pain with regards to work- I have a whole heap of planning and reports to do that somehow I doubt will get done until next week.  Hope you manage to get your lessons planned.  The bits you have bought look fab- exciting!

Boo- hope scan goes well.  Let us know how you get on.

BK- excited to hear you have definitely been feeling movements.  Yay to INSET day as well, wishing we had one.  Hope your BIL comes up trumps.

Mrs L- glad you didn't have to wait around too ling for your bloods.  

WG- I am glad you feel less concerned.  I understand about worrying and feeling anxious- try as hard as you can to stay calm and not worry.  But believe me I do know this is far easier said than done.

AFM- I finally bought something for the baby yesterday! Yay!  Just a couple of newborn babygrows but it was exciting none the less.  I have just sorted out my wardrobe and drawers as I have finally accepted that there just is not enough room for my original clothes plus maternity clothes and clothes should not belong on the floor! :)  A hob well done in my opinion.  I am however going to treat myself to a nice chocolate bar as a treat surely it was a form of exercise doing all of that sorting :)  I am also feeling far less worried about the rescan having spoken to people and having started a thread on her it really does seem that this is quite common and if there really was anything to worry about we would have been told/referred.  Again thank you for all of your support and reassurance- it does mean a lot.

Hi to those that follow :)

• Options

Mrs l glad you didn't have to wait around and I hope that the referral cones through quickly.

WG they have gorgeous girls bits, most of ks came from there as I was given a voucher from work. Its so easy to get carried away! Glad you feel more at ease now, its hard not to worry especially if you have had bumps along the way. Be kind yo yourself x

Peachy glad you feel better about rescan. I had to go back when pregnant with k with my 12 week scan as she was too small to take measurements (I was moved back 11 days). There are lots of people that have to go back, or even wander round and go back because of baby's position. I had empty my bladder half way through my 20 week scan so she could see baby's spibe, it was bliss! It is so exciting buying baby clothes! Its my favourite bit of preparing!