Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Funny things that knock you sick

So, seven weeks today and the smell that makes me the most queasy is my OH! He's a chef and for the past three nights has come home reeking of smoke from the Inka. Bleh. it's like a sickly smokey smell and its still there after his shower. I've just thrown his whites in the machine and I swear the smell is still oozing out! 

With my first there was a particular kitchen spray I couldn't bear, my second it was a certain bubble bath and with my third it wasn't a smell but the theme tune to a tv show (super readers I think it was called).

So what odd things set off your nausea?

ETA SuperWhy 

Replies

• Options

The hand soap in our bathroom first time around.

Wee this time. Grim any time to be fair but this time the smell makes me vom every time. I actually put off going to the loo!

• Options

Wee? Ohhhh I'd be screwed!

• Options

Stupid, isn't it? I regularly put tiger balm under my nose before I go. M has to deal with her pull up in the morning. God forbid she have an accident!

• Options

The smell of washing when you opened the washing machine door, and sometime the smell of the fridge!

• Options

Yep fridge smell for me too and ham. I had to shove loo roll up my nose to make G's sandwiches! First time round it was toast.

• Options

Last time it was basil and the herb and spice cupboard,oh and a certain loo cleaner ( too long with head down the loo clearly!) . This time onions cooking is a fail safe, amongst too many other things to mention.

Wierdly mucking out my horse is not one of them. Rusty you'd hate my Friday job, I lift up rubber mata where all the wee has drained under. That stinks and you can't get the smell off you either!

• Options

Bananas with Lucas and William. The smell, the texture eugh!

• Options

Ooh, ham, I'd forgotten about that one but I went on packed lunch strike for the whole 9 months!

The other one was the smell of trains and coaches- not that I use either often but I had to during the first 12 weeks and the thought still makes me nauseous!

• Options

Our dinner plates! They all smelt like wet dog and made me want to throw up there and then. Good job i couldm't eat much anyway but there was about 3 weeks when i had to have my food from paper plates.

• Options

Olive oil. Weirdly my mum was the same and actually couldn't stomach it for about ten years after having me and my brother! Yes ten YEARS!

I also went off apricot wheaties 'cos of having them for breakfast and throwing them up. Still can't eat them.