Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

babies born close together

hi everyone, was just wondering if they any mums out there that have got there babies very close together, i am 21 and got my gorgeous little girl summer who is 6 months old and recently descovered im 6 weeks pregnant with my second baby (very excited) image anyone got any advise my morning sickness is terrible i hardly got it with my previous pregnancy ive tried everything!!!

xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the site. I had just under 17 months between my first two, and 20 months between my second and third. My eldest will be 10 next month.
    It does get easier. I found going for a lie down in the afternoons helped with the nausea.
  • Options

thank u audrey image  will give that a go i thought it was supposed to get better second time round! lol ur children are very close!! but sounds like u have fun image

thank u for the advice

xxxx

• Options

Hiya, I have 2 girls with an 18 month gap. It is actually a lot easier because you think you'll be running round after 2 of them but in no time at all their needs are the same so it's just a case of doing 2 of everything. Congrats by the way. I found plain water helped me. I used to drink a lot of fizzy drinks or cordial and that made me so ill. Keep it plain on the food and drink front if you're feeling a bit ill. Hope the sickness stage passes soon.

• Options

its nice seeing other mums with babies close together....i getting a lot of stick for it off people i work with (behind my back that is) and its just rude.. i love the thought of there only being 14 months between my angels and its lovely to see u other ladies loving it to....gives me a boost image

thank u for the advice sym its much apprieciated and i cant stomache fizzy drinks atm or the smell of fast food lol so just been sticking to my plain stuff like u said

image XX

• Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy.
    I'm due my 2nd baby in 6 weeks and my daughter will only be 15 months. I've found the hardest part keeping up with her with a huge bump in the way but my man is brilliant, looking after her as soon as he gets home. Make sure you've got some help and remember, when it all gets too much, just repeat to yourself " this too will pass!"
  • Options

Congratulations!  I have 15mths between my eldest girls.  I suffered awful morning sickness with my 2nd pregnancy too, I found it was worse if I was leaning to play on the floor (unavoidable with a young baby) and my eldest was very good at crawling under the table and getting herself stuck.  In the end I bought a playpen so she could play in safety whilst I threw up and if I sat in the doorway of it I could play with her without too much leaning. Also good after the birth for protecting a newborn from over excited toddlers!

I also found Lemon and Ginger tea helped and ginger biscuits, eating little and often and as much rest as possible.  I would also advise that you make sure her Dad does as much with her before the birth as possible because my husband had to learn fast how to change a toddlers nappy and assemble the pram and fit the car seat when I was kept in hospital before the birth, he panicked and couldn't manage on his own, my daughter got very upset at being out of her routine and refused to eat or sleep for him and my mum and sister had to take over the childcare so he could be there for me and I could stop worrying about them both!

Try and make sure you will have as much help as you can get for the first few months with 2 as your eldest will still need lots of 1 to 1 attention from someone and its best if they learn from a young age it might not always be with mummy but already know other people well enough to be happy to play with them or go for a walk whilst you get much needed rest.  My sister was wonderful for taking her to playgyms and diving in the ball pools with her.

I know I make it sound hard but I still had baby 3 when the older girls were only 3 and just 2!  It gets easier as they grow older but the first 3 months were the hardest for me and 3rd time round we prepared for the worst again but found the extra help meant it didn't happen. All 3 of my girls are now very close and play together well.  One of my favourite memories of the 2 older girls is having to take the toy bar off the bouncy chair because the eldest got stuck under it kissing her baby sister who was laughing at her!  I don't think the youngest ever had the toy bar on because she loved watching her sisters playing.

I was just 25 (looked much younger) when my 2nd daughter was born and everyone I saw thought they could make a comment and ask if I knew how babies were made!  One person even told me it was very irresponsible to have them so close together and told my husband he needed to stay away from me!  The same people are now telling me my girls are lovely and isn't it nice that all the nappies and baby equipment will be over and done with quicker! Just keep reminding yourself it is nothing to do with them and as long as you and your little family is happy that is all that matters. My great-gran told me all children are a blessing and to enjoy them!

• Options
    Hiya, I'm TTC baby no1, but OH and I are planning to have our babies close togther, I think it's a great idea.

There is 6 years between my brother and I and it was a massive age gap growing up. I want my children to be able to do things together as they grow up.

Wish you the best of luck hun xx
  • Options

Hi summersmummy - firstly congratulations to you and Amy too!

My boys wern't born close together but my mam had us 4 close together (1st two then 2nd two iykwim)and she always said like Sym that it was easier because their needs are so similar plus we were very close emotionally as well!

I'd ignore what your work colleagues say, I'm assuming their jealous because you'll be going on 'holiday'/maternity leave again... image

In regards to morning sickness I found dried fruits like apricots helped alot - I just ate one quick when I started feeling sick!

• Options
    Oooh congratulations! I've got 21mths between my two, its hard work but so rewarding! The only thing that helped with my morning sickness was tiny sips of sparkling water whenever I felt a wave of nausea starting. Oh and sorry my 2nd pregnancy was FAR worse than my 1st - sorry!