Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi all. Placental abruption 26 weeks? Experience or advice on prems?

Replies

• No experience but wanted to send you lots of vibes xx

• No experience sorry, but will be keeping everything crossed baby can stay cooking as long as possible. Every day is a bonus.

Keep us updated and I hope when the time comes for baby yo make an appearance everything goes as well as possible.

• Lots and lots of vibes for you and baby xxxx

• Sending lots of vibes to you and baby xxx

• No experience, but I used to do neonatal emergency interhospital transfers, and we'd regularly deal with babies born at 22 weeks. I think the smallest I did was 21+5. On the wall in NICU there are about 100 photo sets, with baby at birth and baby now. Plenty of those 22-23 weeks and now happy healthy children. Certainly not saying not to worry, but there are so many positive stories out there of earlier babies. Hope you can hold on a few more days/weeks xx

• Lots of vibes for you and baby, I hope the experience of others can give you some hope xx

• No advice but just want to send my love and all the vibes for you both. Hope baby stays cooking for as long as possible xx

• Hi

I have no experience of PA but do of a prem baby. I was told that every day they can keep the baby inside you is like 6 days of development in NICU. So everyday and hour will make a difference.

My daughter was born at 31 weeks. She had a long haul through NICU but you would never guess now. She turns 6 next week. We were on home oxygen until she was 18 months old. NICU is the most daunting, but most fantastic place. The Drs and nurses really do know what they are doing.

Take each day/minute as it comes x

• sorry to read that you are having a worry time. I hope the team are looking after you and explaining what they are doing to keep you and your baby safe. Have you had the steroid injections yet? If you want to do some additional reading about preparing for early delivery then Bliss have lots of useful links

www.bliss.org.uk/.../in-hospital

there is also a helpline if you want to talk.

this is an excellent handbook www.bliss.org.uk/.../bliss-family-handbook I think it opens as a pdf or you can order a paper copy from the helpline.

there is also a forum where you can post questions.

thinking of you x

• this a very informative book as well

www.amazon.co.uk/.../1552976556

• No advice, but sending loads of vibes and hugs Hug

• Sending you tons of vibes xxx

• Hi all.

Small update as able. I had a fit this morning so their worry currently is me. on constant ctg and baby coping well still. Thank you so much for all your vibes and experiences. I'll read those links when more able Carole thank you. Will keep you all updated. Have seem paediatrician - we've had 2 lots of steroids and they've explained the immediate breathing tube, surfactant and that he'll be placed in a plastic bag to keep heat in and transferred out. My hospital doesn't take anyone under 30 weeks so it's a transfer out regardless.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart xxx

• No advice but sending lots of vibes xxx

• goodness me. Are you showing sign of pre eclampsia re: the fitting? Glad you've had the steroids.

I'm trying to take a photo of some of the book so you can read it.

• Carole - you are SO much better than me at sign posting to useful resources. I always forget Kiss

RCT - the fact that you have had two doses of steroids for baby is great news. There was no time for me. I am also so pleased to here baby is coping and still ok in there. If I was you, I would probably be mentally preparing myself for emergency delivery at any time, every hour is a bonus right now. I hope you're not feeling too poorly? Really rooting for you and babba xxx

• Carole - you are a star!

• Fingers crossed for you both.