Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How different were your pregnancies??

I'm very very early days but i've been surprised at how rough i feel already. Feeling sick all the time, almost threw my coffee back up yesterday, sore boobs and tired.

I didn't feel anything until 6weeks ish with P so it got me thinking about how different this one might be (assuming all goes well!)

So how different/similar were your pregnancies??

Replies

• Still 6 weeks or so to go, but so far very similar.  I wasn't actually sick this time, compared to being sick around 10 times with A, but I felt just as rough.  I had more migraines this time than last time, but generally a similar level of roughness.

I've pretty much sailed through both pregnancies from 2nd tri onwards, which I'm eternally grateful for, especially with the toddler around this time.

• Urm, my second pregnancy had me feeling crap much quicker. I felt preggers within a week of conceiving - I knew I was pregnant even before I tested. You know where that got me ;-)

• Thanks BG.

RS- Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek - don't scare me! Perhaps it's the work of that monitor!!

• First time around I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 3 days late, and was pretty ill from 6 weeks onwards, until birth.

This time I knew IMMEDIATELY (sore boobs about 4 days after predicted ovulation, feeling very nauseous about a day or two after that. I'm only 4 weeks and tested and got a negative first (too early) but was sure something was going on!

I am hoping that having a desk job this time around will make life so much easier!

• I vomited much earlier in with William more or less conception to delivery but they said that was likely because of his abnormalities . I vomited A LOT, with Lucas though, just a bit earlier with William. Isaacs pregnancy was polar opposite and I was stunned he was a boy as I'd had 2 boys and felt crap throughout but felt fine with him so assumed he was a girl.

Bear in mind you have a toddler this time to so you are bound to feel rough

• My pregnancies have been so different. so much so that I was convinced this was a boy. But it's not. I can't rest and sit like I did first time round with D as D is a very active little girl. I was actually sick everyday up until about 17weeks this time. I was only slightly nauseous first time. Spd is so so much worse too. Probably not what you wanted to hear x

• Completely, unbelievably different.  I had some issues in my first pregnancy and expected to have the same again (sciatica requiring weekly osteopath appts and piles that required surgery).  Had no issues with either of those and instead had lots and lots of other problems.  

• #1 - Didn't find out I was pg until 16 weeks. No symptoms. From the moment I found out, until I had him at 27 weeks, I didn't even feel pregnant.

#2 -Found out when AF was 2 days late.  Nausea, piles, and sciatica were just some of the delights I never got first time round.

• All three very similar here - lucky to escape morning sickness and no real issues bar tiredness (worse each pregnancy but that's hardly surprising) and achey back/ribs. The big difference is that in my first two pregnancies I suffered excruciating pain from my appendix scar which was treated with codeine and was put down to scar tissue adhesions - this time, I've had one episode of it which was sorted with a couple of paracetamol but nothing else, which was one of my biggest worries with this baby.

• Both pregnancies identical so far. Lack of appetite in first tri, no sickness. Headaches occurring around 10 weeks.  Extreme tiredness. fancying the same food and drink when I was hungry (ham sandwiches and orange juice!) just hoping the labours are the same now!

• AR I missed your BFP! So happy for you! Lovely lovely news yay!! Massive congratulations! P will be a fab big sister!

Mine were completely different. I puked with E at 7am and 4pm everyday until 12ish weeks. Felt a bit sick with M and much more tired (guess it was more to do with having a toddler too though!)

Ooo yay I'm so excited for you xxxx

• Pretty much the same with mine except a more extreme version this time round!

• Thanks ladies, fascinating how much it can differ between people.

• AR your news is fab xxxx  I felt worse at the beginning with O than I did with E.  Think I must have been more tired which doesn't help. x

• When I was pregnant with A I was pretty much sick all of the time. All day long from shortly after the BFP until I had her! When I was pregnant with the boys I really lacked pregnancy symptoms. I felt nauseous but was never actually sick.

• Very similar, lots of nausea and tiredness but no actual sickness, gestational diabetes in both. Except with O I didn't realise it was pregnancy nausea or tiredness until I was 9wks pregnant Embarrassed

• Mine have all been very similar, the only difference is the way i am carrying with this one. I know its an old wives tale but i am defo carrying more out the front with #3, a boy than i did with the girls. I had right chubby chops with them and carried all round. I am smaller pre-pregnancy though so not sure if that makes a difference.