Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how long was your hospital stay and why?

2»

Replies

• I had A 3.45pm on the Saturday- forceps delivery. Isotopes a lot if blood and both of us required anti bioethics due to temperatures. We got home about 5pm on Tuesday night.

• 8 days. 3 days on HDU delivery suite and 5 days on post natal ward. I had severe pre eclampsia and HELLPS. My blood pressure and blood results clotting and liver enzymes were unstable. Luke did 410 days before discharge home!

• I had C early hours on the Thursday morning, and was kept in over night Thursday and allowed home Friday late afternoon - the main reason they kept me in was because I had a lot of swelling from the tear that I could hardly sit down, and quite a big blood loss (not quite enough to be a PPH) so they wanted to keep an eye on me and wait for test results etc.  Although I was desperate to get home, looking back it was probably a good thing to stay in, and might even have been better if I'd have been there an extra night.

• Louie was born at 2am I was home by midday.

• 5 days. Had emcs, and baby was transferred 40 miles away from home, so I stayed with him there. The hospital offered me a parents flat for another couple of weeks, but I didn't want to take up the space, as they were in short supply for parents wanting to take their baby home. (had to stay in 2 nights with baby before they were discharged from Neonatal)

C was home after 12 weeks.

With my second, vbac, no stitches, no probs with baby. Home that day. (had him at 9.04am was home just after 4pm. Could have been sooner, but had to wait for my Mum to pick us up)

• I had Molly on the Wednesday at 6.48pm and we were discharged on Saturday about 4pm.  This was due to my blood loss (natural birth but they could not stop my womb contracting once she arrived) and also that she had mild jaundice

• I was in for 3 nights - allowed home in the evening of the fourth day. Our stay was partly because they wanted to monitor him for signs of infection (I had Group B Strep) and also we had problems BFing so they didn't want to let us home until we'd sorted out feeding.

• With E, I went in to be induced on the Tuesday, nothing much happened until the Wednesday night, Thursday morning I had an EMCS.  I got home on the Saturday afternoon.  I was then back in hospital a week later as I got an infection in the wound, and had to stop in again for 5 days.

With S - went in on the Wednesday as my waters were leaking.  I'd been booked for a C-section a week later but he decided to come early.  I was again back home on the Saturday afternoon.

• planned c-sec. in tuesday 7am. home thursday 11am. no problems

• Planned induction on the saturday at 11am. F was borm sunday morning at 12.45, we went home monday at 5pm. I would have been able to go home sunday evening but they were monitoring my blood pressure as I had some signs of pre eclampsia.

• Straightforward and v quick natural delivery. Born Tuesday 8.36am, discharged Wednesday 9am...we stayed as I wouldn't take to my breast so stayed for support we didn't actually get! (ended up switching to ff due to crap local support at time , but that's for another thread!)