Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how many weeks were you when you ordered your pram?

2»

Replies

• Pretty similar to Luna, we bought ours quite early as the one we wanted had 25% off. Kept it in the house too despite all the comments we got!

• I was some where between 24 and 26 weeks (essentially the 6th month mark) we then didn't have it delivered until I was 37 weks gone. However Ibrought very very little until that point and lots of purchasing happened even later

• Around 30 weeks.

Wanted to wait until after my 20 week scan, but it took ages to find one I liked, as my original choice was out of stock. Glad it was, as I then found a nicer one.

It was delivered the day after ordering. We kept it in our lounge, didn't go for the whole "bad luck" thing.

• Does it really matter?  I know buying things during the first trimester can be seen as a 'jinx', but while I wouldn't buy anything before I've had a scan and know things are ok in there, I'm not really planning to wait to buy a pram at a much later date, especially if I see a good deal.  Not due until early June, but I'm hoping there will be some good after christmas sales to stock up on all sorts of things we will eventually need.  Even if we don't have anywhere to put it all yet :)

• thanks all! just wanted an idea as the mother in law was saying it was far to early!

• Around 24 weeks first time. Second time we bought it the week before M arrived but should have been a month before.

• 30 weeks. we had a big trip out to Mothercare and Ikea for furniture. The pram along with the car seat, and cot was delivered the week before Luke was born. It was still in boxes in in the nursery all unused as Luke spent so long in hospital.  we ended up returning the carry cot and car seat unused at about 7 months and managed to get a refund as they were still boxed, but the pushchair and frame was unpacked so we had to sell on second hand for less than half price.

• Around 24 weeks I think, we then had a bit of hoohah with the place we ordered it from as they kept changing the time scale and delivery date was getting further and further away. So at about 29 weeks we cancelled and reordered it from John Lewis who had it in stock 2 days later. Glad we did as it is a new model and now it seems to be out of stock everywhere so we would have had to make a different choice by now and it took us long enough to pick tr one we have!

• I brought mine at 9 weeks, it really helped stretched our budget

• It was after the 20 week scan with L, and I was at least 30 weeks with O.

• I was about 18 weeks I think? I tarted my pram spreadsheet at about 9 weeks though so I knew what I was looking for Laugh

• NLH thats what my mum keeps saying! Apparently she bought everything for me 3 days before I was born!!! I plan to order the pram in the next couple of weeks.

• Sometime between CVS results at 12+2 and 20 week scan. We bought second hand off ebay and it was an amazing bargain so didn't want to miss it, but also because we had so many genetic / chromosomal conditions tested for with the CVS, rightly or wrongly we felt a little more comfortable with buying before the 20 weeks scan. Ours has been in our loft ever since, I'm not into the superstitious rubbish, too practical!

• About 20 weeks we ordered it. I was just browsing and mil offered to pay so I kinda took her up on the offer! It will be  delivered about 4 weeks before  due date.