Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How often does your baby poo?

H is 7 months and being weened on a combination of purée and BLW. Last week he has what I thought was a bout of diarrhoea but it seemed to be easing.

however now he is pooing multiple times a day and although they are thicker poos (look like purée!) this doesn't seem normal to me. has anyone else had this or should I be seeing a dr? He seems ok in himself.

Replies

• O is 8.5 months and has 2 or 3 poos a day, various consistencies. He's BLW, I;ve never really been concerned about runny poos if he's fine in himself. Maybe I should be? Every nappy is different here, sometimes really solid and sometimes back to BF type poo.

• A is 6 months and in the past week has gone from 1 BF poo a week, to 2/3 a day, sometimes puree consistency(!) and sometimes solid enough to flick off the nappy liner!

• The consistency doesn't worry me as such but he's having around 10+ poos a day. Sometimes 4-6 over an hour or so.

Maybe that's just his new pattern I guess?

• I would leave it for a few weeks and see how he is - when R had a tummy bug she was 'better' after a couple of days but still doing multiple poos for weeks - it took almost a month for her to settle back into her usual one-a-day routine. In the meantime try to keep to fairly bland foods (lots of banana, toast and rice!)