Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Introduction - Hello!!

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker and posted a couple of times but thought it was time to take the plunge and jump in properly!

I'm 29 and live in Northumberland with my husband and 6 year old Basset hound and have been married since August 2011. Pual is in the RAF so we have been waiting to see where he will be posted etc before thinking about kids.

This changes last week - on the 13th March I got an awful phone call to say that my wonderful Dad had passed away very suddenly after a massive heart attack. We had no warning at all, he worked a 12 hour night shift on the tuesday night as a HGV mechanic. My Mum came home from work and found him. It's all been absolutely heartbreaking and my Mum hasn't done well with it all. The only real comfort is that at 61 Dad lived everyday of his life to the full and enjoyed every minute, he got to walk e down the ailse and see bth me and my little brother settled - I wish he had seen us have kids too though.

Well during all this we found out that Paul will be in Northumberland for a while and that life is too short so we're just going to go for it - I finished my pill last week and won't start again eek! We are probably a bit mental as Paul may get posted abroad for 4 months at some point but we'll work around it.

We probably will be just seeing what happens for a few months before getting into the temping and ovulation sticks but we'll see.

Look forward to getting more involved and speaking to you all more xxx

Replies

• Hello and welcome to MD, so sorry to hear about your dad. Good luck with TTC - there are other military wives on here who can hold your hand if your H does get posted abroad.

• Welcome to MD. I'm so sorry about your dad Hug. There are other ladies on here whose Hs are in the forces too. I hope your ttc journey is a short one. x

• Hello and welcome.  So sorry to hear about your Dad, must be such a shock.  Good luck TTCing xx

• Thanks all for the warm welcome! Yes it has been such a shock - it hasn't all really sunk in yet the funeral was a blur. Good to hear we have a few military wives - it's definitely good to have support xxx

• Welcome! So sorry to hear about your dad. Good luck with TTC. My exH is raf, we were together for 12 years so although technically I'm not a military wife, I've been through it all and I'm always happy to talk xx

• Hi and welcome Grif. Sorry to hear about your dad. I do totally agree though that life is too short.

Best of luck with TTC and do get stuck into posting, nice to see you have already been over to OT as well.

• Hello and welcome. I'm so sorry about your dad x

Hope your ttc journey is a short one, and as Margot said there a few other military wives on here who can hopefully help you should he be posted at an inconvenient time.

• Hi Grif, sorry to hear your awful news.

Best of luck with your TTC journey. There are daily threads if you fancy joining them.

• Hello and welcome! So sorry about your dad. FWIW I can relate completely to your thinking there, the loss of my dad was what prompted me to take a far more proactive approach to TTC. Good luck!

• Hello!! Sorry to hear about your dad, really hope you have some good news soon and your TTC journey is a short one c

• Welcome! So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that your TTC journey is short :)

• Thank-you everybody, Gillsy I'll come on the threads and join you all - exciting!

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday but feeling more positive today xxx

• Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, I lost my dear daddy a week before I found out I was pregnant with B. You are right, life is too short, good luck! I am an ex military wife xx

• Welcome to MD, sorry about your dad x. I hope your ttc journey is a short one x

• hiya Grif, welcome to MD :) sorry to hear about your Dad x

• Welcome to MD. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my beloved Step Dad to a heart attack 6.5 years ago. 

• Welcome.  Sorry to hear about your dad

• I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.

Welcome to MD and I hope your ttc journey is short x