Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Late 2nd tri exhaustion?!

I'm still working full time, got a few days of annual leave to take that I'm using to get myself down to 4 day weeks until easter but I am so exhausted. I literally could fall asleep anywhere, my desk at work looks appealing, I nod off while having a wee. I'm managing about 4 hours of sleep a night if I turn in the night the bump pushes on the SPD and the pain wakes me up, then I need a wee and can't get back to sleep.

Help! Any tips to get through the next few weeks before I'm on mat leave, I've got 2 months to go!!!!

:(

Replies

• np tips, but just to say you aren't alone, I can totally sympathise!  27 weeks today and currently sat trying to work out mat leave/annual leave to see how soon I can finish! x

• Have you had your bloods tested for any deficiencies (here they routinely check at 28 weeks)? I'm very anaemic which partly explains my tiredness. x

• That's a good point Tweetie, I've got my 28 week appointment on the 13th March, and my GTT the same day, so will feel like a pin cushion, maybe they'll find something that might explain it.

• No real advice but hope you feel better soon- on the plus side you will be ready for a newborn!

• haha! let's hope so :))

• Sorry you are struggling.  As TP says the 28 weeks blood test might show something.  It seems the main problem for you though is not getting a good night's sleep, can't think of anything to suggest other than the usual different positions, wedging pillows to try and stop you moving etc.  My H continually comments on the fact that there are 3 people in the bed at night, him, me and my array of pillows and doesn't he know about it if he moves and disturbs the pillows!!

• haha! yeah I do feel sorry for H, there is not enough room for me, bump and pillows as well as H!

• Can totally relate GB - I think I was 26 weeks when I suddenly felt like I'd been hit by a train. For me, I had really overdone it, both in and out of work the week before and it seemed to throw me out completely - resting didn't even reduce it. I was convinced (and hoped) it was iron - i.e. something that could be fixed, but my levels didn't come back that low. Hepburn mentioned that most babies have big growth spurts around then, and I do think that must have played a part too as I feel loads better now - since about 28 weeks.

I also had a little bleeding, and was struggling to sleep, so all added together with a potential GS, I think it was all too much and my body was struggling to cope with being 'properly pregnant' all of a sudden! It did give me a wake up call to adapt things too, as growing a baby is a lot of work, and it does take it out of you. Rest up and nap if you aren't sleeping too well at night. Hopefully it is just a phase, or something like iron or vitamin levels that can be fixed quite easily. Big hug x

• Aw that's reassuring Lamby, maybe it's a growth spurt but don't think working full time with SPD and not sleeping is helping. It's like the perfect storm, hah! Might try napping on the weekends see if that helps, don't want to sound like I'm moaning or feeling ungrateful, but can totally relate to the "properly pregnant" feeling!

• sorry no advice but know how you feel, lately i have felt soo drained, though it doesnt help with lack of sleep during the night by not being able to get comfy and spd/swollen lady bits!