Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Managed or physiological third stage?

2»

Replies

• We have some cool photos of him+me with cord clearly visible still attached. Put camera/immediate pics on your birth plan!!
  • I had no interest in a physiological third stage. There was no benefit to me or that baby and giving birth was a means to an end for me, I just wanted the goods delivered safely! The way I looked at it when pregnant, was by the third stage I would have done enough work and would just want to enjoy our baby. I couldn't have been more right, I was all about being with my two boys :) As it happened, I had a third degree tear and lost quite a lot of blood so not sure a natural third stage would have been possible anyway as I went to theatre fairly quickly. We did opt for delayed cord clamping though, it isn't an automatic thing in our area.

• That's a point, HF has reminded me, the injection did make me very sick (though once it was up I was fine again!)