Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Miscarriage bleeding question?

2»

Replies

• Hi sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hope you're doing ok.

The answer unfortunately is how long is a piece of string.

With my 1st MC, I bled for 7 weeks lightly.

With my 2nd I bled for a week before I had a D&C (I had a MMC with bleeding following, but there was no way I was going through another 7 weeks of bleeding).

With my 3rd I MCed really early on but still bled for over 3 weeks.

I hope it stops soon for you.

xx

• Thanks all. Bad news today was that there's still something there and since ive been bleeding for 2 weeks they've booked me in for an op on Monday. Gah! The idea of an op is making me a bit scared. Eeeek! Best get my dressing gown washed!

Thanks for all the experiences and for the well wishes.

• GB, I'm sorry to hear it's dragging on. I just wanted it over with, and I'm sure you do too.

However I can tell you the op was fine for me. I had to wait hours to go down to theatre, but once I was back up I was home within a few hours. The pain wasn't bad especially after I got home, and the bleeding stopped within days. I really wish with hindsight I'd had it done with the 1st MC, rather than toughing it out, as the weeks of bleeding were much tougher emotionally and physically than the op was with the 2nd.

I hope it all goes well and I'll be thinking about you on Monday x

• Honestly, the op is fine. I much prefered that to going through it naturally. x

• So sorry, will be thinking of you on Monday xxx

• So sorry gb. With mine I was 6 weeks and I bled for just over two weeks.

• I have no experience but just wanted to say I;m sorry to read this GB. Take it easy xx

• Sorry GB, today sounds tough. I hope the op goes ok on Monday and that you are physically recovered soon, thinking of you x
  • Thanks for all your comments. Today marks 3 weeks since the bleeding started and I think things are finally finishing!  The op on monday went really well and it wasn't as scary as I thought. I didn't go down to theatre until 5pm and woke in recovery just before 6pm. Apparently it went well with only a small amount removed so I must have managed to dommost of it naturally. Just one more scan to get through and then I can forget about it all and move on.

Thanks again for your comments and well wishes x

• Really sorry to read this GB, hope you are doing well as expected. x

• Sorry GB, hope that you are reaching the end of it all now.

• Oh I'm so sorry to see this, lovely. Take it easy x

• Sorry to hear you're going through this GB, Glad to hear it went smoothly, hope it's all over very soon. Take care x x x

• I'm sorry to see this update. Hope you are recovering well, take care xx

• Glad the op went well. I hope the final scan does and that you are able to move forwards. Have been wondering how you are, in a non weird way! x

• Thanks all!  I'm doing fine x

• I'm really sorry. I didn't realise you needed to go for surgery. Glad it went well and you're on the road to recovery now. Take care of yourself xxx