Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mmr - anyone not have the jab or have any issues with it?

2»

Replies

• I think regardless of whether the vaccination is the best in the long run it's always a hard decision to inject a child with something alien to them. I know the illnesses are worse which is why I had him vaccinated but that doesn't mean it's a decision that doesn't require thinking about or that I should be happy that he is suffering as  they are 'just side effects'. It's a fact that some children will have a severe reaction to a vaccination albeit a tiny risk but it's still there and so that makes the decision to risk his current health one which is not just straightforward

I find it q strange that people should react so strongly to a comment I made about personally finding it a hard decision as though I should just accept that he will be fine without thought. As a child who had a severe reaction to a jab as a child I know full well that even a tiny risk is a risk even if its eventually decided its worth taking in the overall scheme of things.