Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mon 3rd Tri

2»

Replies

• I've asked if I can opt out of the pension scheme whilst I am off as they won't allow me to freeze my contributions, it just seems to be one thing after another with my company!!

• I am on late today so no chance for personals. Hope everyone is ok and the cramps have turned into something Mrs P.

Been at hospital today, had another scan and baby is a bit small for dates but perfectly formed :)

• NLH - I'm not planning on paying into my pension whilst on mat pay so I'm sure you can?

• I don't think I pay my pension either as I was told I'd have the option of catching up on contributions when I return. They can't force you surely? That's rubbish.

LD glad to hear bubs is doing well!

• Mrs v, I spoke to pensions trust and they said it is at the discretion of my company, and they have said no, so I am having to opt out. Not sure what happens to the money I've already put in though???

• That's sounds like a huge pain NLH. I would have thought you could just freeze it. I think your contributions would stay within the fund so you would still have a pension from the years you have paid into it.