Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Monday 2nd Tri

Morning ladies, hope everyone has had a good weekend, can't believe it's Monday already.

We went to stay with friends at the weekend and came away with a big bag of newborn clothes which look almost brand new! In other news, sleep is becoming so difficult. I just cannot get comfortable, my hips have really started to hurt when I'm on my side so I'm constantly turning over, waking myself up every time I do :( I suppose I should get used to it as it'll get worse before it gets better.

Ooh and also, my friend who we stayed with is currently pregnant and she had a heartbeat monitor, I had a go and managed to listen to baby's heartbeat :)  

Replies

• Morning! Hope you don't mind me joining in?

Woowoo- listening to baby's heartbeat must have been lovely. Sorry to hear sleeping is getting more uncomfortable. Have you tried a pregnancy pillow? I just used normal pillows last time.

AFM- well H accidentally hit me in the stomach last night in his sleep. He didn't even know he had done it until I told him. It was in my stomach. Not full force but hard enough to wake me up. So now I'm worried it may have harmed the babies. Please tell me to relax and I'm just being silly. Me and my mum are taking D swimming this afternoon.

Hi to everyone who follows!

• Hi MS, welcome to 2nd tri :)

I'm sure you'll be fine, when I was about 15 weeks I walked into the corner of our kitchen worktop, with the corner hitting me right in the belly, I was paranoid it would've hurt the baby but all was fine, they're pretty well protected in there :)

I've got a pillow, it's one of those full length ones, it's been a real help until a few nights ago, sleeping on my back is now the most comfortable but I know that's naughty! I never intentionally sleep on my back but often wake up like that.

• Morning Ladies

WooWoo - That's lovely that you got to hear baby's hearbeat! Is that the first time, or did you get to hear it at an earlier midwife appointment?  and yay to baby clothes!! Sorry you're struggling with your hips. i hope you find some way of getting some sleep.

MS - Welcome to 2nd Tri!  Try not to worry about getting hit in the stomach.  W has belted me a good few times in the stomach already, and as my tummy gets bigger, so does the target!  Like WW says, they're pretty well protected in there, so try not to worry!

AFM - Feeling pretty rubbish to be honest.  got my flu jab booked for tomorrow, and i'm going to speak to the doctor about whether i'm anaemic as i'm just so washed out all the time at the minute that i can't seem to get any energy.  We put up our Christmas tree yesterday. We'll sort the rest this weekend, but i really was feeling down in the dumps, so H said we could.

On a lighter note, H and I were lying in bed chatting and watching my tummy and baby booted me one and H saw my belly move as a result! which was nice, especially after me worrying about Wotsit over the weekend as i hadn't really felt any movement (even though i know it's completely normal)

Hi to all who follow!

• Good morning ;-)

WooWoo - That is very exciting about hearing the baby's heartbeat and also getting lots of newborn clothes. I have bought some bundles on eBay and got some really nice things that look like they've hardly been worn. I hope you start sleeping better soon.

Mummy Simpson - I'm sure that the babies are fine, as others have said they are well protected ;-) welcome to second trimester!

RKB - Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish, hopefully the doctor will be able to do something constructive for you. That's really nice about your H seeing your belly move, mine hasn't seen/felt anything yet!

AFM - I have a midwives appointment this afternoon so am looking forward to hopefully hearing the baby's heartbeat and then this evening we are going to meet a prospective child minder! I am having a bit of trouble getting my head round discussing child care for a baby that hasn't been born yet but the communication I have had with her so far has been good and her ofsted report reads well so hopefully we will be impressed ;-)

Hello to everyone who follows.

• RKB - Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish, definitely worth speaking to the doctor as low iron levels can make you feel pretty crappy. Yay to the xmas tree though! I want to put ours up next weekend but H insists we have to wait until December! Oh, and we heard the HB at our 12 week scan but that's been the only time. Someone at work has actually brought me a monitor in today to borrow, I'm not sure how I feel about having one, worry I will become obsessed and stress if I can't locate it but it'll be nice to have if I can ration usage! Lovely that your H can see your belly moving too, this only happened to me last week for the first time.

Miss Pickle - Hope you get to hear the HB, is it standard that they listen to it once you're further on? I know they don't like to at the 16 week appt. I know what you mean about childcare - we're off to look round a nursery in 2 weeks and it seems ridiculous that we will do that before the baby is even here! Hope that you like her and you can get it sorted.

• Hi all! One day I will have an interesting update! I'm 18 weeks now, still not showing other than looking a bit like I have eaten a couple of pies, and not feeling any movements.  If we hadn't seen her on 2 scans I would be doubting my sanity about now!  RKB that must be so exciting feeling baby move this early!

• CRL - I know exactly how you feel! I didn't get any movements until about 21 weeks and even now, sometimes I could miss them if I didn't know I was pregnant! They're definitely not how expected them to feel!

• Glad it's not just me then! I feel your pain re sleeping, and I am 5 weeks behind you! If I lay on my side I get ligament pains and my legs go dead and if I lay on my back for more than 2 seconds it feels like she is breaking my spine in half.  

• With this being baby number 2, and having a much more favourable placenta for feeling movement, (I had an anterior placenta with W, but it's posterior this time) and knowing what i'm feeling for too is half the reason i know it's baby and not wind, although there was no mistaking the kick last night. H and I both got a fright.

Miss Pickle - I hope you get to hear baby's heartbeat! It's such a wonderful sound.  So familiar, but so amazing that it's hard to put into words.