Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mumdrum Panel Meeting / Call - Any Input?

I am meeting with the Local Mumdrum Panel tonight and will be holding a call with the Online Panel in a couple of weeks time.  We will be discussing a number of topics, including the mobile site, our current advertising campaign, the focus for 2014 and the latest site statistics.

If there are any topics that you would like us to discuss, please let me or your Panel members know.  I know that some members are having issues adding photos to their posts - this is something that we're investigating and I hope to have an update later today.

As a quick reminder, these are your Panel representatives:

Local Panel:  Margot, Rusty, Stripey, Sofa Leopard, Bag of Bones, Working Hard

Online Panel:  Dumblespud, NinaBeanie, Purple Star and Ducky

Replies

• Options

id like to see the addition of a PM feature

• Options

I'd like to be able to search old posts. Currently the search engine on the site isn't great. It comes back saying there are several pages of results, but there only seems to be the one page you can view.

• Options

Agree with the need for a PM or direct email system to contact other members. For those of us not on Facebook it would be very useful.

• Options

What Monnie and RKB said! Also, it would be good to be able to view a members posts/topics.

• Options

Without the PM feature how are we meant to get in touch with the panel representatives?? The TTC boards seem really quiet these days. Splitting the board from BT is still a good idea IMO but it does mean the wealth of experience from those over here on BT is not shared. I had a question I was thinking of asking recently that could only be answered by those who've succeeded at getting pregnant but would be relevant to those TTC. I ended up not posting it as I didn't know where to post. If there was some magical way to post once but tag it with both BT and TTC so it appeared in both places that would be magic! :)

• Options

Id like to be able to post from my Kindle!!

• Options

I agree with the pm addition. I've felt that I've had lots of support from many members on mumdrum over the last year and some have done amazing things for me and sent me lovely cards and messages. It would be lovely to be able to send emails to those individuals personally as well as on a thread, especially as I don't know most on Facebook and even if they pass on their personal email address to you they sometimes get lost in junk mail. I also like kittykats ideas of being able to cross post, but the thread being the same.

• Options

i think the lack of PM feature encourages people to talk off site, either via email or facebook, this in turn will cause the forum to become quieter

• Options

Hi all - thanks for all the feedback.  We will discuss all these suggestions.

Porkchop - have you tried using the mobile version (http://mumdrum.com/mobile) on your Kindle?  I believe this works for Abnormal Kitty.

• Options
    The ability to post pictures from the mobile site would encourage me to join in more
  • Options

A report button that actually works instead having to flag spammers up in the feedback section

Also agree on the other things raised already

• Options

Thanks for all the input.   Last night's Panel Meeting was really useful and we discussed all the items raised in this thread.   I am now going to discuss the prioritised list of bug fixes / enhancements with our developers to see what is and isn't feasible.  I will have an update next week.

The Online Panel will be held at the end of February, so I will have a broader update for everyone about our current focus and campaigns, plus future developments, after that.

• Options

Sarah - Will raise on the call but have we thought about a like button for posts/responses?

• Options

Hi Ninabeanie, I'll work out whether or not this is technically feasible ahead of the call, so that we can discuss it fully then.

• Options
    Hurrah! Fab thanks.