Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not doing well today in the Whitesparkles house!

Can I vent?! 

I have lost M, my happy, smiley, adorable little man has been replaced with a screaming, frustrated, angry, monster! It's teeth, I'm sure of it as he has bitten me numerous times and whatever he can get into his mouth, he will (including his sisters hand which results in toddler tantrums). I've resorted to Calpol today to help him sleep. He hates dentinox, will not take a dummy or chew on cold teething rings for very long, even Sophie isn't cutting it. I cannot get Anbesol or teething powders over here which were both a God send when E was teething. He will not go down, even when he fell asleep on me, the moment I moved to put him in the crib, he woke and screamed! This also woke E up from her nap, 30 minutes after I'd fought her to g to bed.

My house is awful! After a weekend away, there is stuff everywhere and a mountain of washing. Not much I can do about it though so the maid will be busy tomorrow... H has just called me and I've asked him to come home just so I can eat! He's leaving now thankfully but it means he will have to work tonight so we get no couple time. Plus, if last night is anything to go by, there will be more screaming at bedtime (Michael) which lasted for 3 hours and had me crying because I have never seen my baby like that- he was clawing at my face in rage Sad Pesky teeth! I wish they'd hurry up and appear. I've just made a cuppa with M in the sling, not very safe but I'm a desperate woman. I have also let E raid the craft drawer and we are all covered in stickers, the floor is covered in glitter... Oh well Laugh

I hope someone brings my baby back soon! 

Replies

• Options

Remember .... This. Too. Shall. Pass

But sending gin in the meantime. Teething is hideous.

And don't feel bad about making a cuppa with M in the sling, that's what a sling is for IMO! Xx

• Options

Oh Hep we stopped on an alcohol run last night so as soon as it turns 6pm, it's G&T time!! Thank goodness for the sling hey?! I hope it passes soon x

• Options

My 6pm wine is a beacon on the horizon today too!

Xx

• Options

Glad I'm not alone! H came home, made dinner, bathed the children, settled M and read E a bedtime story! He's my hero!! He then told me he has to go away tomorrow boooo!!!

• Options

Teething is HIDEOUS. But thankfully, it seems the worse it is here, the shorter it lasts.

We had a night last of literally waking every hour. Gah.

• Options

Hope you have a better day, teething is horrible. Hugs

• Options

I've had a week of the 3 year old and the 4 month having a sickness bug - and have been on my own dealing with it and a million loads of washing as H works 2 jobs only coming home for max 30 mins between jobs. It was a looooooooong week so i feel your pain

ps can you send one of those maid thingys over this way.....?!

• Options

Sending hugs! Can someone send you Anbesol/teething powder in the post?

• Options

It's a bit better today. He will at least go down for short amounts of time so ice managed to eat breakfast and not resorted to the sling yet!!

• Options

Goldfish- that sounds hardwork! Ill send a dubai maid over to you today!

• Options

ooh thanks - tell her not to bring one of those bum showers though ;)

Glad things are a bit better today xx