Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pls recommend our next pushchair for tallish 2 year old :-)

Hi all,

A is 2 years 2 months and still using her Babystyle Oyster but I think she has almost outgrown it.  She has a cheaper Chicco which we take on holiday abroad and occasionally use here and she has definitely outgrown this!  We are thinking of booking a holiday so will need a new pushchair to take with us but don't really want to take an expensive one.  However, we need a decent one to use here too. 

What do you use for your 2 plus year olds.  She seems to be a bit taller than average with quite long legs!!

Replies

• We have a petitie star zia 3 wheeler. D is quite tall and still sits really well in it. Reclines fully too.

• We have the Zia, which my tall 2 yr old fits well in. Although, at almost 26 months, we have started to stop using the pushchair, so not sure how much longer he would actually fit well in it.

• yes, just wondering how much longer we would probably use it for.  Maybe on holiday for when she gets tired in the evenings, although on holiday in April she stayed awake!

I have seen how well recommended the petite star zias are.  A is 3lb of the weight recommendation at the moment though.  But I wonder if this will be the case for most pushchairs now.  She weighs 2st 2lb

• AK, just out of curiosity, is your little one toilet trained?  We are trying with A but not much success at the moment.  So still lugging a big changing bag around which I stick on back of the puschair.  For short local walks out I sometimes go without -  no pushchair or changing bag.

She has just got courage up to sit on toilet with trainer seat but won't actually do anything!  I am currently trying just to pop her on everyday to get more used to it and we spent time decorating her "special seat" with pretty stickers to make it more appealing!  We are wondering whether to continue this for a while or perhaps she would prefer a potty.  

• D is 2st 11lb and seems fine in the petite star. You can buy them reconditioned from nursery value x

• I'm impressed she's still fitting in the Oyster at all!

We have a Maclaren Techno XT, but I wouldn't recommend that, I just don't find it that user friendly. If I were to buy again I'd go for the baby jogger city mini, in fact we've gone for the double version of that.

• To add, A isn't toilet trained at all and I find I just out some nappies and wipes either in my handbag or in his little life pack. That and his drink are all we really need for most trips now, have up with the big change bag about a year ago.

• He is yes, he is out of nappies day and night now (dry in the night, this past week)  We haven't used a changing back since he was weaned, we just use a kiddies rucksack. He loves carrying it himself. It now has spare pants, and change of trouser/shorts in it, in place of his nappies.

J decided to potty train on his own. We'd had the potty around for AGES, and one day, he just went and did a wee. He currently prefers the potty to the toilet. He stands up to do a wee fine, but isn't keen on sitting on the toilet for a poo.

He has preferred walking everywhere since before he was 2, so we have just followed his lead.

• I can push my 4yr old and 2yr old together in a zia with no probs

• I'd go for a babyjogger city mini (or micro if you can get one).  Has a higher weight limit than other oushchairs and has a good sized seat.  Zoe at 4.5 can still fit comfortably in hers

• Would highly recommend a Baby Jogger City Mini too, the seat is huge!  Mine has finally died on me after 4 years of regular use so will be getting a new one soon I think.  They had them on offer in Boots I think.

• I have the baby jogger city mini and can't fault it.

E is 27 months and weighs 1st 12lb .

• E is a stone lighter than my monster. ;)

• A is 2st 10lb too Daisy, my neice is 2 months younger and over a stone lighter, she's so easy to lift!

• That makes me feel better. Dolly's E and my D were born on the same day x

• Aww bless her. She's tall though isn't she. She's a gorgeous girl!

I'm still getting away with E wearing some of last summers clothes! Bonus!

• A Maclaren XT, they are a great height and the seat is a good size and really nice pushchairs to use. You can always find them on Ebay/selling pages.  Newer ones have the round hinges, not straight ones.