Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Post baby flab - removal tips very welcome!

Ladies that have had babies - dare I ask did you manage to get rid of your tummy flab after birth (please be honest, i want to face up to things now if a bikini body is no more Crying ). I've been left with quite a jelly belly and fail to see where it is going to go?!

I'm 3weeks post birth and was told to wait until after 6week check as I had a 3 finger gap with my tummy muscles but want to look ahead and see what people recommend to tone up!

Replies

• Options

I'll be honest I don't really do any structured exercise but I don't drive so walk everywhere. Since the day I had him(I weighed myself in between contractions-madness!) I've lost most of the 3 and a bit stone I put on, only about 5lb left to go but what's left around my tummy is more like excess skin, I don't think exercise will help with that :-( but in general ice found walking pushing him and BF have helped

• Options

My tip is to breastfeed for as long as possible. Weight just melts away :-). Sadly my tummy has never returned to pre-baby flatness tho ....

• Options

Sadly bf didn't work out for us so that rules that out! I put on just over 3.5stone and have lost just over 2stone in 3weeks. I'm not as fussed about the actual weight loss but the loose skin is bothering me, no way i'll fit back in my jeans like this! A friend said a tummy tuck is the only viable option. i hope not!!

• Options

You're only 3 weeks post-birth, please give yourself a break! (Unless you're secretly a celeb, in which case you need to get on it or the daily fail will pap you looking flabby...)

Seriously, take it easy, healthy eating, and when you're up to it, gentle exercise. It may never look identical to pre-pregnancy bit if you put the effort in I think it should get close.

• Options

Try not to lose weight too quickly. Pilates was my saviour, you learn about strengthening your core, so it's not just about sit ups. I saw a personal trainer for 12 weeks and was told that you need to work different tummy muscles to the ones you use when doing ab crunches. They are the muscles you can feel when coughing and link with your pelvic floor, can't remember what they are called! But you exercise these muscles a lot when doing pilates

• Options

I had a virus for a good 12days after birth and lost around 2stone (obviously a lot of that was baby!), not too worried about it i'm just curious as to if it will shift. Ha SG i'm no celeb but i do have a hen do mid may which involves a pole dancing sesh eek!!

• Options

I did lose mine and all I did was walk everywhere with the baby, that is my only exercise.  I didn't bf either so all is not lost.

At 3 weeks post birth I still looked like I had a blancmange up my shirt, relax May is ages away and you have had a baby!!