Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Prams Compatible with Maxicosi Pebble?

2»

Replies

• We use our Pebble with our Silver Cross Surf, using adaptors.

• AutumnRose, is the new base the Familyfix base? Sorry I am new to all this baby stuff!

• Hi Vix, we got the City Jogger versa which takes the maxi cosi pebble and has the option of a carrycot. There is a new 2 way fix base meaning you can purchase the next stage car maxi cosi car seat (2 way pearl) which can remain rear facing up until 4 years. However both the 2 way fix and 2 way pearl are quite a bit more expensive than the pebble and family fix base and you can buy a cheaper next stage car seat with in built isofix that is also rear facing for cheaper (Thanks to OB for this information!) So basically it works out cheaper to buy the standard isofix/pebble and a different brand of next stage seat but get the same benefits.

Re the cabriofix vs pebble - its' my understanding that the pebble is the more up to date version of the same seat and that bit better as a result. Only from what I've read though as no personal experience! We bought the pebble!

• I don't find the cabriofix heavy. But to be honest I've never used or carried another seat so don't really have a comparison
  • VIX - i know you may not have considered this but you can get amazing used bugaboos! i bought mine new however i am on a forum on facebook and people sell them on their daily!  

you will easily get one for that price!

if you go on to facebook and search for:   Bugaboo & pramaholics Buy & Sell Bay

you can request to be added to the group!

i really love my cameleon its just brilliant!

• Wow, a lot to think about, thank you for all of your help!

I will definitely look into whether one of the more expensive buggies that fits our needs can be bough 2nd hand and research more into suitable carrycots for overnight sleeping!

• I think the family fix base fits the pebble snd the old pearl. The new one that allows the pearl to be resr facing is called the maxi cosi 2 way fix or very similar, have a google. Means you can havethe pebble on it the pearl ffacing backwards, or turn the pearl forwards at some point if you want to.

• Have just come across the Babystyle Oyster, seems to tick most of the boxes, anyone own one/know anything about them?