Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Question - did you do anything different the month you got your BFP?

just a pondering really - I try something different almost every cycle and I was wondering if it really makes a difference?

Replies

• Options

I tried everything...vitamins, preseed, acupuncture, reflexology, different positions, different frequencies, you name it!

In the end it was the HyCoSy that made the difference. Had it on 27th March and was holding my BFP on 11th April.

• Options

I tried different things each month and really over analysed things, like on what days to dtd - some months every day around ov, some every other day etc. Legs up, different positions, vit b for lp etc. I took pre conception vitamins every month, although not always every day, just when i  remembered. The month I conceived we didnt do anything different, it was just a normal cycle, only ending in a bfp instead! My chart looked different to my usual charts though. Would u like me to flash it?x

• Options

I did nothing different. We had sex most days and i took folic acid tablets.

• Options

CO - Would you mind flashing it please? I'm a temp'er and love looking through FF charts - so much so I think my work has blocked the website purely cos of me!

• Options

I was lucky to fall quickly so it's hard to say but I had been monitoring my CM for months and never really had much. I upped my water intake a lot (I'm rubbish at staying hydrated) and I think it helped as I definitely had more the month I got my BFP. I also read somewhere that if you're dehydrated, your body can't give 100% attention to other things, like falling pregnant. I have no idea if its true but I figured it was a small thing I could easily do.

• Options

Good to know that Popcorn - I do try drink 2litres per day but don't always manage it. I have practically no CM but I'm blaming a different thing on that - still, it can't hurt to try more water anyway!

• Options
    I 'upped' the vitamins I was taking and also had a holiday which I think relaxed me a little (we conceived on holiday).
  • Options

Tayto I didnt have much cm either, the first time I got a bfp I didn't notice any, the second time I did have some ewcm but still wasn't much at all. For some reason I cant upload pics off my phone, the icon isn't there anymore? So cant chart flash sorry :( lol you must have gone on the website a lot for it to be blocked!x

• Options

PirateWife - I did that too when we were a few months in - I had been only taking FA & am now on pregnacare conception

CO - no worries; maybe mention it on the feedback forum? And, yes, I spent a fair bit of time in the early days on FF!!

• Options

I tried all sorts in the time we were TTC, temping, various opks, clear blue fertility monitor, preseed. Having sexs lots, not having sex lots!!! The month we eventually got lucky I had an HSG, very similar to the HyCoSys that Saffron had. We must've conceived the week after it was done, and my H has a very low sperm count so I feel very lucky.

Good luck Tayto, I think of you girls and look forward to seeing your bfp xxx

• Options

Thanks Dolly - I think of you too - can't believe you're almost 18 weeks. Will you find out the flavour do you think?

• Options

Yes definitely Tayto, our scan is 12th Feb, I'm counting the time down!! xx

• Options

Literally timed DTD around OV with the aid of OPKs. We don't normally DTD in the morning, but both times we were successful, we DTD first thing in the morning, but i don't think that was necessarily the reason for our success.

I also took EPO on a regular basis for myself, but when we started TTC, i'd take it from CD1 up to the positive OPK then stop until the following CD1.  And i was taking Folic Acid every day too as advised by the doctor.

• Options

Oooh lovely Dolly - dare I ask have you a preference? I know it's a 'ten fingers, ten toes' thing but just wondered? I'm not even pregnant but already know I'd love a girl!

RKB - Wow, where has time gone - can't believe you're so far along too! I've tried EPO & the morning sex but the latter isn't favourable for my H!

• Options

Oh I know Tayto, Time is flying by it's scary!  I have to say Morning sex is hard to do. I wasn't really in the mood and H took forever because he was half asleep too, but we rather amusingly agreed that it was out of necessity that we'd make the effort to. :-)

• Options

I have been taking seven seas - trying for a baby vitamins. Before that just folic acid. I haven't been drinking and I have just generally been drinking a lot of water and taking care of myself.

I have 5 months worth of the vitamins left that I won't need if you would like me to send you them to try tayto? They are brilliant, they come in a contraception pill sort of packet so you can't miss a day. :)

• Options

I tried so many things but actually relaxed a little with a few of them by the 6th month of trying (when I was fortunate to get my bfp), mainly my H refused to do the whole real egg white thing more than once!!! Actually I did try 1 new thing that month (on top of all the hundreds of supplements i was taking & crazy boy sway diet) I temped for the 1st time but obviously that in itself wouldn't have done anything but it was nice to think I was actually doing all I could. Good luck x

• Options

Hoddy - I have about 6 months worth of pregnacare conception so I'm going to stick to that as I don't want to try anything new as we're starting our fertility tests shortly but thank you so much for the offer. I'm sure some of the other ladies might be interested though so why not start a new thread over on TTC as an offer?

Blackkat - You'll always be the 'gender swaying' lady to me! I think I did see some of your posts when I first started lurking about temping so I tried that from the beginning. I haven't changed much in my diet yet as I'm trying to lose weight anyway but it might be next on my list!

• Options

Haha Tayto, I don't think many others would be as crazy as me when it comes to crazy diets & supplements to sway & help boost fertility (took everything I read that might help!). I've read that weight lose can help (although it's supposed to sway girl!!) & eating bananas is supposed to help with fertility (a boy sway thing!!) but sometimes it's so hard to feel like you're actually doing anything to help as it's hard to wait & see. Good luck with your fertility tests x