Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Quiet baby + Can of full fat coke = .....

Baby was super quiet today, I'd felt only a couple of movements by 5pm, so I sent H out to buy me a cold can of full fat coke....

Well. It seems baby is still on a sugar high as hasn't really stopped moving since! It's been disco baby for hours now!

So ladies, I can confirm that necking a can of coke will get your baby moving (as well as inducing shocking indigestion though!) so if you're worried at all about movement then give it a try!

Smile

Replies

• Oh, I could drink a can of coke right now.

Glad baby is moving well though!

• It was so refreshing Rusty. Went down fabulously!

Would suggest you have one early in the day if its just a treat though as baby is still moving about now!

• haha, i had a similar effect yesterday with a 4 year olds birthday cake that was primarily made of icing!! haha

• I give baby full fat coke on a daily basis as its never that active until a sugar burst so bad mummy to be has coke frequently! Glad it worked for you and got them dancing.

• Hahaha! Glad baby is moving well now! Same happened at my GTT, mw gave me lucozade and baby went berserk...loved it :-)

• When I went for a 4D scan they ladies there tried everything to get her moving.

I had to go off for a walk, drink some coke, eat some ice cream, coffee what ever!

Nothing did the trick though, she eventually rolled over when I led on the side she was on little mare!

• I had to do this for 20wk scan with I after they tried scanning me 3 times!  I had the coke and 2 choc bars.  She went mental!!