Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Reflux Meds - how long?

2»

Replies

• Was wondering how you were getting on mamaD?  Hope things are improving x

• Hi Rosetta, thank you so much for your post. I've been really struggling the past few days and seeing someone was thinking is us really helped! The medication doesn't seem to be doing anything - she's still not sleeping and crying pretty much most of the day. I tried to go to the docs this morning to get her repeat an to get them to check the dose based on her weight as the weight they did it on was from 3 weeks ago and they told me they weren't allowed to prescribe the renitidine as it wasn't liscened. I ended up phoning the hospital to see whether they could get it done and have managed to get in to see the consultant again this week. I'm not really sure what else they can do so it doesn't fill me with much hope. Thanks again for thinking of us x

• Sorry to hear things haven't got any better.  I don't know much about reflux meds as my gp would only prescribe infant gaviscon.  You'd have thought that as the hospital prescribed it they would be able to do a repeat prescription at the gp surgery.  At least you have managed to get another appt and hopefully they can give you something that works.  I think there is another med you can try for reflux too.  I know how tough the constant crying can be, make sure you look after yourself too.  Will be thinking of you this week, will you let us know how you get on?

• Thank you. I've been trying to get her in a bit of a routine as I feel like I'm just being a cr@p mom and misreading all her signals so she's been string cross and that's why she's crying but that hasn't helped at all! I honestly don't know what else to try so I'm really hoping the consultant can come up with something else. Will let you know how is goes x