Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Right then....boys names!!

We found out today this baby is a blue one. We always said boys names were easier but we've not had to pick one before!! Ideas/inspiration/current favourites all greatly received. Our name needs to go with Poppy and on our list so far we have Arthur, Theo, Reuben, Rupert, Hector. Middle name will be Nicholas.

Replies

• Yey for a boy!!

My favourite names are:

Caleb

Cole

Lucas

Wyatt

Zane

• Boys are awesome!

Love the list

• Are Reuben/hector/Rupert posh do you think?? I'm not posh....
  • Deedee I LoVE Lucas but it'd be ridiculous with our surname :-(
  • Ah yes, so it would Laugh bit like my married name!

I don't think any of them are particularly posh, they're all lovely names on your list.

• love Caleb and Lucas! x

• Whoop for a boy.

I really like Rupert, and Reuben goes well with Poppy.

If I had another boy, he'd be Brodey. Other names I love (apart from the Casey and Jacobey I already have) are Corey, Tobey, Riley and Finley.

• Rupert is probs middle/upper middle class, I'd say. The other two aren't at all

A friend who had Hector on her list called her baby Monty. His womb name was Octavious!

• My mums cat is Monty. Loving Octavious! Haha!
  • I love Arthur and Rupert. I'm biased though as they are what I would call a son.

• Oscar & Mason would be on my list

Theo & Reuben are nice

• Congrats on a boy!!! Love your list!!! xxx

• I love a posh name. I'd say they are (obviously not to Hollywood cos she's uber posh) Laugh

Boys are so hard for me.

Stanley

Hugo

Barney

Ed

• Rupert and Hector are a wee bit posh, but there's no rules! He'll be who he'll be, it is only weird now because he's not here, once it's bestowed upon him I bet you find it suits him perfectly! My fave of yours is Reuben :)

• Reuben was most likely our boys name last time, so I'm hoping someone uses that soon!

Nathaniel (Nate) was my only other real contender.

• Many congrats on having a boy too, fab news!

• I love Theo and Reuben. Hector does make me think 'posh' but that's probably because the only person I know is through a friend and work and he does sound very posh!

I definitely prefer boys names to girls, I don't find that I'm as judgemental about them! Maybe it's because at school in the 80's/90's pretty much every boy was either Michael, David, Daniel or Matthew, there wasn't much variation so I don't tend to associate the more modern names with anyone I know/knew.

• I vote arthur. We having it for a middle name if this baby is a boy. George? Henry?

• Oddly poppy would have been George or Henry. I wouldn't use either now though, George because of the prince and I now know several Henrys. I also like Albert :-)
  • Theodore, Rupert and Arthur are on our list too! I also like Barney. And Alfred.