Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sex during pregnancy- what's changed for you?

2»

Replies

• You really need to speak to him again about his "all roads lead to sex" attitude. This doesn't sound like it is going to sort itself out at all. x

• it really changed for the first few months due to the sickness etc and i just felt so rough, but i have got used to it a bit more now, so we are back to our normal sex life really, i find i get really frisky of a morning now which is a pain as hubby has already left for work

i defo think as a started to get bigger i felt quite concious but i've got used to it now and don't care lol

• Sam he should be much more understanding especially as you have basically had a normal sex life up until now. He shouldn't be putting pressure on you the selfish git.

I didn't enjoy sex in my last pregnancy at all. Being 3 stone overweight with a wriggling baby in there did nothing for my sex drive. Plus I was in a terrible mood for the whole 40 weeks so H wasn't exactly keen on the idea! Luckily he was very understanding and I sorted him out in other ways so he was happy.

I made him do it loads in the last couple of weeks to try and force the baby out. He said it sounded like a meat van going round a corner and all the slabs of meat slapping into each other hahahahaha!

• We have had it alot less as most of the time I feel too tired at the moment but hopefully after 1st tri I will get some energy back! Although when we do i enjoy it even more.

• We arent really a couple that has sex very often anyway, due to a period of depression a few years ago my libido is almost non-existent and then TTC for 18 months took the small amount I had away! To the point where I have no idea what our 'normal' sex life is anymore. We only had sex during my fertile period when we were TTC as we were so fed up of it by the end!

Since I found out I was pregnant 2.5 weeks ago we've had sex once, this weekend just gone, as I was feeling it so I instigated it which is unlike me, so I think its my hormones!

But my H would never make me feel bad for not wanting sex, whether I was pregnant or not.

I really feel for you as I cant believe how your H is being with you. Its disrespectful and its like his point of view and his needs are the only ones that matter. I hope you can sort this out xxx

• Id say nothing has changed. But we are not a once a day couple, couldnt be bothered with that! Lol

• We're down to 2 or 3 times a week, maybe less. I *really* miss it. I am much less tired this week so hoping to make more of an effort before I'm too fat to do anything!

• We've done it twice since i fell pregnant and i'm 11weeks now. It went down a lot with P too and my H was very understanding and would never push me or make me feel guilty.

If i'm honest i think your H needs to man up Sam and stop being so selfish. Your body has a massive amount going on, let alone all the hormones going crazy too. With all women go through in pregnancy the least he can do is manage by himself for a few months. I'd be seriously pee'd off with his attitude and tell him it's tough!

• Spoke to H on dinner. I think for the first time it actually hit home. I told him that I don't want him to take it the wrong way and be defensive but the way he has acted about a few things throughout the duration of this pregnancy he has acted completely selfishly.

He has admitted that he now sees where he has been getting things wrong and apologised. He said that obviously the main thing is that we are as good as can be as a couple and sex comed secondary to that.

To be honest I don't know how convinced I am but I suppose time will tell. Thank you for all sharing your thoughts and opinions. xx

• That sounds like a step in the right direction :-)

• I'm 13 weeks and haven't had any! But then my H has been out of the country since the week befoe I found out so it would be a bit suspect if I had.

To be honest if H had been here I probably would ahve made the effort on a couple of occasions but haven't felt like it at all and with sickness and nausea etc can't see that I would have enjoyed it.

Glad your H has started to see that your body is doing a bit more on an important job growing a child than pleasuring him - he can sort himself out!

• Great post grif!

• We've not had sex at all since positive test... I do feel really guilty and know H misses it, but he's been so good and patient. My MS kicked off at 5 weeks and that was that - because it wasn't morning sickness, it was all day, all evening and most of the night sickness - I felt like I had flu for months! Then the SPD started (before the MS ended...) so there has been no bit of this pregnancy where I have felt 'well'.

We've 'fooled around' a few times instead of actual sex, which H is happy with. I really hope my sex drive comes back after baby is here!

• Glad you've managed to have a talk with him Sam, it didn't sound like he was being very reasonable. Hopefully he continues to be understanding but if not, let him sulk! You've got a lot going on in your body at the moment, physically as well as emotionally and it's not fair for him to make you feel bad for not putting his physical needs first.

Like Grif said, he can sort himself out if he needs to Wink

• We didn't have sex for the first ten weeks or so and I really missed it but was a bit scared because of previous losses.

We now are down to once a week or maybe less as he is doing lots of overtime and I am really uncomfortable at the moment so, to be honest it just gets boring lol! We do 'other things' though which helps us keep the intimacy.

I do miss it :(

• Glad you spoke to him Sam! Sounds like he is a bit more understanding now, hope you can see a change xx