Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Shadow, Evap Line, or Imaging It? :-(

Replies

• Sorry that you it a Bfn, maybe it is just too early?

• Oh lovey, I thought I could see a line on the middle test. It really is mega early though, plus CBDs have a higher sensitivity so might not show up yet. I really hope it's just too early to test and its good news in the next couple of days!x

• I can't see anything :-(

I have had a phantom line before. It was definitely there, my friends could see it. However, repeat tests and FR were negative.

Turns out if you do an pregnancy test and OPK at the same time, if they touch at all whilst running, the OPK line can somehow transfer to the pregnancy test. This is what caused my fake line. Just wanted to warn you in case you had let your tests run/develop next to each other like in the picture.

Sorry it is negative x

• Thanks all. Ducky I didn't let them dry next to each other, think its just crazy test strips! Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, I had hardly any sleep last night! I'm so not testing regularly next cycle. Its torture.

• JUst caught up with this. Sorry it wasn't the result you wanted xx

• Thanks. Do you all think I should wait to see if AF shows up before testing again? :-/

• Did you use the same wee for the CBD or new wee? If if was new wee I wouldn't count yourself out just yet.

• The same, FMU, I put it in a container *hangs head in shame*

• I'll use an IC one later, it there is nothing on that, then thats it - yesterdays are being completely dismissed (although I have tried to do this already, I can't help but keep staring at the inverted pics Choc did this morning of them last night.... I've also googled HCG being more present in the evening than morning.... I'm in denial right?).

• Ahh. Maybe it's a touch early for a CBD. I still think there's a good chance, half the people who looked at mine said they couldn't see anything, but it was there! Fingers crossed its the same for you x

• Thanks OB. I keep zooming in on the inverted one and I'm either deluded or can see really really really really faint green. I'm clinging onto the 'I can see it but no one else can' theory right now, lol! ... although it still doesn't explain why there was nothing on the IC this morning.... lol!

• Oh boo. I thought I could see a line too.

Give it a week and try again if your period hasn't show.

Everything crossed for you.

• I can see it on the inverted ones quite clearly. I'm struggling with this mornings though :(

• Yes this mornings is a mind baffler! Its still blank as anything. This is why I've ended up googling HCG being more present in evenings than morning, clinging onto hope! Lol!

I feel sick (I did a little this time yesterday too) but I don't know if its me making up more symptoms (TTC thread... I've had sore boobs (always get this BEFORE ov normally) and creamy EWCM which I have never noticed after ov before since around Tuesday 10th) OR if I'm all flustered from secretly getting my hopes up to them being knocked back down again.

• Thanks Rusty x

• Sorry its a bfn. I think the test is showing an Evap line since you took it out the bin. Never ever read a test after the 10 mins as they will usually dry with a faint line at some point and just cause heartache, I've been there many a time. Hugs but it might still be too early  xx

• Mrs A, first thing I did when I woke was check your thread, but my eyes were barely opening and I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say, as things didn't seem any clearer. I hope you get the BFP soon. It seems like such a minefield to have to wade through, mentally. Good luck!

• Tweetie - I know you're right, its hard though hey! Next cycle if I don't get a BFP this time (FX FX FX FX FX!!!!) I'm not having any tests in the house. They are a nightmare.

Counter - Thanks. Me too!

• Just caught up with this Mrs_A.  Sorry you got a bfn, but if your only 8dpo, it is still quite early.  FX that you have just tested too early.

• Thanks RKB. FX indeed! Its going to be hard to stay away from the tests though.