Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleep (or lack of it) - help!

H is 6 months now and his sleep gas gradually got worse. As a banal baby he used to sleep 10-11 hours straight, no feed etc a d it was bliss. Around 4 months he started waking once a night and settled with a feed. This gradually increased to 2 wakes a nice until now when he's up basically every 1.5-2 hours. He'll only settle with a feed

hes in our room in a Moses basket although I think it's getting a bit small for him now. I've tried having him in with me the past couple if nights but its not helped much - only to maybe stretch him to 2 rather than 1 hour.

he is also then tired in the day but refuses to nap for any great length - he just fights sleep.  He's ebf and we've just started weaning. No teeth yet although displaying signs.

is there anything I can try to help improve his sleep as neother ousual can carry on like this. Would moving him to his own room help do you think? He's in a grobag and has been since about 6 weeks. He's q a still sleeper and not a really light sleeper.

any tips appreciated, I know some babies just don't sleep well but this waking pattern is silly and not making him happy more than anything

thank you x

Replies

• Sounds like P although she is only 3 months so a bit more understandable!  Do you have a nightime routine? If not that might help? Have you tried not feeding when he wakes to see if he is actually hungry rather than looking for comfort?  He might sleep better in a bigger bed. Every time P startled in the moses basket she hit the sides so we moved her into a crib. She is also cooler in the crib as moses baskets hold more heat in.  If you are weaning could you try more solids in the day?

Hope it improves soon and i do think this heat is a big factor x

• Have you started weaning recently? This sent bens sleep to pot! He was up loads in a night and then needed a feed in order to get back to sleep, touch wood were coming out the other side of this and his sleep is slowly improving. Sleep deprevation sucks, so I do hope it gets better