Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talking about moving them to their own room...

How am I meant to ever move Henry? He's started to roll over in the night to sleep. I can just about deal with that but 80% of the time he gets himself tangled up, arms stuck, starts moaning till we turn him over and shush him. When will he grow out of this? I'd be up all the time turning him back an checking on him if he were to be moved

Replies

• Options

Is he in a growbag? Can you "wedge" him? With a couple of rolled up towels or similar

• Options

Put him down on his front so he doesn't get tangled trying to get onto his front??

• Options

I always found growbags or baby sleeping bags a godsend and stopped me worrying about A getting tangled in sheets and blankets.  BUT she did go through a stage of rolling over which worried me so much.  I was awake so much getting up to roll her back over!  HV said to not get obsessed over it, just roll her over when I can.  I don't think she ever stopped sleeping on her tummy and to this day it is her preferred position (she is 2!)

• Options

I'm battling with E and this issue.  Not just rollout but pulling herself up!  It's a real battle.  What I now realise is  I should have done it when she turned 6m because these last few weeks have made a huge difference to her development!  

Anyway,  I've been using the air wrap and a bumper at the end to stop her banging her head so hard on the solid wood.  The wrap stops the issue of feet through the bars.. less so anything else but that was our initial issue. The grobag does nothing as she's in a bigger size and loads of space so she can crawl in it.

Are you okay with him sleeping on his front?  I hated the thought but there isn't realistically anything I can do to stop her unless I sit up all night watching her or strap her in.  

The other thing we considered were dream tubes,  which a friend recommends.  Im not sure how I feel sids wise as they are meant for older kids when you turn the cot bed into a bed,  but in hindsight they'd have been an issue here as E would have climbed them and would have been elevated enough to get over the bars I recon!  

Good luck!

• Options

Have you got that airwrap bumper thing? We just got this for O as he was forever waking himself up with various limbs sticking out the cot but has slept straight through every night since we got this. I think he helps that he can't really see us through it aswell.

• Options

Some thing to look at there thanks!