Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething Q

E first tooth is about to break through I think and she is not her usual sunny self. Lots of inconsolable crying.

Is the first one worst? Or are they all going to be like this?

Replies

• I have found that it really is child dependent. One of my beans gets very upset when she is teething, the other one gets a red cheek for a few days and then a new tooth appears. My older two would get very red cheeks and drool a lot, my older girl seemed to cope better than my son.

• Thanks HN. Doesn't bode well then! Unless the tooth just pops through overnight so we just have 1 day of unhappy bubba to deal with x

• I think it depends on the child and the tooth I'm afraid. Hope it cuts soon, poor little thing.

• For us it depended on the tooth and if anything else was happening (like learning to walk), everything is more unbearable when you're tired.  Have you tried the Nelsons powders to calm her ?

• Everyone says its the worst but P has struggled with all three of the ones that have arrived so far and has been bad again today. My poor wee bairn

• It's cut through! She's had a big sleep and guzzled down loads of milk (most unlike her) and gone to bed relatively OK on Calpol and teething powder. Phew!

Hope P feels better soon TNP x