Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

The feeding saga continues...

2»

Replies

• Thanks everyone. Last night was bad but i stayed calm and feel ok today. After me saying she is only going 3 hours between feeds she went from 6.30-11.30 last night!! We went to bed at 10 and she slept soundly till her feed at 11.30. I couldnt sleep for some reason so hadnt nodded off before she woke (not her fault obviously!!). She had both breasts and fell asleep so i winded her and put her back down. She woke again after 2.5 hrs at 2 so i fed her again and she was awake and wanted a top up. She had 2oz formula but was so wide awake she wouldnt go to sleep. The feed finished at 3.30 and she was still awake at 5 when H's alarm went off and i hadnt actually been to sleep at all!! A dummy did calm her but every time it fell out she woke up. Will try it again though - whats the difference between us being awake because she cant sleep or plugging her dummy in? And if it makes her happier its worth it. She then went till 5.30 so i put her in bed with me and bf her and we finally fell asleep for 2 hours. G is at a friend's house all day so i will try and sleep a bit later.

I tried gripe water instead of infacol last week but she still wouldnt bring up any wind. Does it have to build up like infacol?

Thanks again for listening x

• Fennel tea is also good for helping with windy bf babies, nothing helped with B until I started drinking 2 cups of that a day and then after a coyple of days it starred getting better and after a week had cleared (i carried on drinking it until 12 wks but dropped the infacol etc)