Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

The Snip

My H saw the doctor last week about having the snip. They said that they would refer him etc.

How long does the process take and what is the recovery like after?

Replies

• Referral could be within a couple of weeks, my Hubby has recently just had it done, in and out of hospital same day, went in for 8 am and was back home by 11 am.  Few stiches and bit of swelling/bruising, was given anti-flamatory and painkillers which at first he didnt take as he said it wasnt that painful, but i told him to take the anti-inflam ones just to help ease/aid recovery.

He could of been back in work within 2 days but was already off for the week.  He said the following day he felt a bit stiff, as in walking but that was all.

• Our referral took a few weeks, I think we were told 6 weeks but he got an earlier cancellation. I took him in as he was advised not to drive after and we were there about an hour I think. Lots of bruising so was very sore / tender for that day and achey for the next day, spectacular bruising for a week or so, but he had the procedure on Tuesday afternoon and was at work on Thursday. He does have a desk job though and would have had another day or so off if he needed to be active I think

• Poor Mr Mooey Laugh

Hope it goes ok! My Uncle had his done and was in and out within a few hours. He moaned about it for a week though and said it hurt but my Aunty was quick to assure him child birth is much worse! Mr WS is considering the procedure too!

• My H had his done at our GP's as he runs a vasectomy clinic. He was home within 45 mins and he drove himself. Though he did look white as a sheet when he got homeLaugh

recovery was quick. He just took it a bit easy for a few days and took pain killers and was fine.