Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

thursday 3rd tri

2»

Replies

• BG main reasons are a fear of problems with baby getting stuck. W was big in comparison to my size. I didn't get past 4cm to know what would have happened, but have a fear of shoulder dystocia or something that would cause baby to get stuck/ be deprived of oxygen etc causing long term problems. Also my emergency CS was after a 30 hour labour and I was so exhausted and not really fully aware of what was going on because of diamorphine that I don't remember a lot and also wasn't given any support after- put in bed and told to go to sleep and baby was in cot about a metre out of reach and so it was about 15 hours before anyone bothered to help me try to bf and then because she didn't do it straight away they then tried her on a bottle of formula and because I was still a bit foggy from the drugs and lack of sleep I wasn't with it enough to speak up and ask for help etc.

I know recovery after ELCS will be hard but I hope ( do long as no complications) that my birth experience and immediately after would be much better and calmer.

The consultant I saw at 16 weeks briefly went over the risks but said she understood my reason for wanting a CS and was happy with that. The one today went into so much detail about all the risks and complications of another CS- hysterectomy, problems with placenta rupturing in next pregnancy etc. it's just got me worried now but I know there is n way to know what will happen to know what the right decision is . I think you're right about it depending on the consultants preference of swaying you towards one or the other as this one today was obviously very pro VBAC.

On the plus side she did say I could wait until 40+0 for my CS rather than having it in the 39th week which is good.

Arghh so hard knowing what to do :(

• MummyS, I am planning a homebirth but should really have a bag packed just in case. Hadn't really thought about it so maybe I should lol.

popcorn, busy busy lady! :/

JT, I have no advice but I hope you reach a decision too that you are comfortable with xx

• Chimpanzee - definitely pack a hospital bag too, just in case.

JT - all those risks are there with a vbac that requires another section though? If not more so. Most people I know who have had an elective have had a straight forward recovery. You could always book the section for 40+0 and trial a vbac if you go into labour before, from what I understand you'll be low threshold for a section, so it's u likely they'll let you go 30 hours in labour.

As you know, I'm going for a vbac this time, but even I've had a wobble or two.

You can always change your mind either way.

• Just back from midwife sweep done, induction booked for tues, midwife thinks I will need it!

sorry JT the meeting didnt reassure you more, you can only do what you feel is right for you

Chimpanzee- I would have a standby bag just in case hopefully you wont need it

popcorn- you have been one busy lady

• Bg I have booked my elective as thought it best to do that and if need be can always change my mind. And it's true what you say about the risks still being there only higher if the VBAC is unsuccessful and ends in emcs. At least I have six weeks to think about it . As the day goes on I'm swinging more towards ELCS, but I think I will try and havecaclookvat statistics for these risks tonight to put my mind at rest. I know someone has to be the unlucky one but I've never heard of anyone IRL or on here with any problems with a ELCS ( other than minor infections)

Like you say I think it's normal to have wobbles whichever you are opting for as there is no right or wrong decision

Noodle- sounds like a bad MW to me that she's being so negative about your chances. There's no way of knowing what will happen in the next few days but to say you're pretty likely to have to be induced I don't think is very good as its going to leave you feeling negative.

Either way though just think that this time next week you'll be having lovely baby snuggles

• Noodle - remember Pirate Wife last month was told similar and went into labour a few days before induction. Don't give up hope yet sweetie.

• Hi all

Sorry for the lack of personals today but a massive load of baby out vibes for Noddle!!

Really busy day at work today so I have only just managed to get on. Not a bad sleep last night but bit of a crappy day at work so still feeling a bit knackered and achy.

Friday tomorrow though so not too bad, and a weekend of decorating ahead of me.